March 12, 2016

Review: First Aid Beauty FAB to the Rescue Sampler Kit

Today I want to share my thoughts on this US$32 First Aid Beauty FAB to the Rescue Sampler Kit. Based on the respective retail price of the closest available size for each of the five products, this set has a value of C$50.62/US$47. I think this is a great introduction to the brand and I will gladly use up every product.






First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser - 1oz - 2oz for C$12.5/1oz for US$7 - value: C$6.25/US$7


I previously went through a 1oz tube of this cleanser [April 2015 Empties] and at that time I wasn't impressed. Second time around, I like it much better, but there is still something holding me back from declaring that it is amazing. This cleanser has a whipped texture that builds a nice gentle lather. The packaging fits easily between bottles and saves space in my bathroom. I like this cleanser and I would repurchase.




First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - 2oz - 2oz for C$15/US$15 - value: C$15/US$15

I have been using this as my morning moisturizer for the past 10 weeks and I like it. The formula has a light texture and sinks in quickly. I do notice tiny dry spots on my cheeks when I get unready in the evening. Even though those dry spots are not really noticeable, it signals that this cream is no match for the Canadian winter. The scent is subtle and reminds me of eucalyptus. I would repurchase.

Update (May 31, 2016): Updated impression in my May Empties.




First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy - 14.8mL - 14.8mL for C$15/US$12 - value: C$15/US$12


Although this lip balm has a thicker consistency from the tube, it easily sheers out on the lips for an almost weightless feel. The formula doesn't leave a slippery finish and that makes me feel like my lips are sealed in a protective barrier. This lip balm is not a cure for my dry lips, but it improves the appearance and feel. The formula has a minty scent, but it is very subtle. I go through lip balms very slowly, so I'm not sure if I would repurchase even though I like this product.




First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask - 0.75oz - 2oz for C$28/0.75oz for US$9 - value: C$10.5/US$9


I tried this mask half a dozen times so far and it doesn't have consistent results for my skin. On some days, I leave it on for 15 minutes and my skin would feel really soft. Then there are other times when I wash it off to reveal no difference. This is an okay product, but it is my least favorite out of the five - I would not repurchase.




First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Wash - 59.1mL - 473ml for C$31/59.1mL for US$5 - value: C$3.87/US$4


This is the least exciting product in this kit, but I am fond of it. I reach for this body wash over the others in my shower when my skin is irritated from waxing or shaving. The formula is gentle and doesn't leave a scent on my skin. I don't like the packaging on this travel size became it gets awkward to get the product out after I have gone through half of the tube. I don't have any problems with the face cleanser in this type of packaging since its smaller size makes it manageable. I don't know if I would repurchase yet.


Overall, I am glad to have purchased this set!


What is your favorite First Aid Beauty product?

No comments:

Post a Comment