February 10, 2016

Review: Lancome Noel Eye Set

I have been using the products in this holiday gift set for the past few months. Even though this set may no longer be available, today I want share my thoughts as every product is available individually.






Lancome Grandiose Wide-Angle Fan Effect Mascara - Noir Mirifique


This mascara has a unique angle in the wand that facilitates how I apply my mascara. The formula is slightly thicker and when combined with the shorter bristles, it occasionally leaves clumps in my lashes. The wear time is around 6-7 hours. This is a 10mL full size that retails for C$35. I enjoyed using it, but I would not repurchase.




Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Primer

This primer makes my lashes feel silky and appear lengthened with a white tint at the tips. Unfortunately, once I layer on most mascaras, there is no noticeable difference between prepping with the primer and no primer. This primer can also be applied at night as a mask to nourish the lashes. The full size 5.7mL retails for C$30 and I will not repurchase.




Lancome Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner - Noir /// Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil Extreme Longwear Eyeliner - Noir Intense

The Lancome Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner [top swatch] needs to be shaken well before use. The brush only picks up enough pigment to draw one eye and when I dip it back into the tube for more product, the formula would already be separated and need to be shaken again. I don't really like this type of felt brush tip as I generally prefer liquid eyeliner in a pen. Although application takes a bit more work, I like how this eyeliner sets and how well it wears. This full size at 1.4mL retails for C$38 and I will not repurchase.

The pigmentation on the Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil Extreme Longwear Eyeliner [bottom swatch] falls short of the intense color that I expected from the name. The pencil needs to be sharpened and the formula doesn't wear well on me to worth that effort. The full size at 0.042oz retails for C$31 and I will not repurchase.




Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Volume Mascara - Excessive Black

I previously tried this mascara in the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash To Go [Read Here] and I am glad to have another sample. I prefer this mascara over the Grandiose both for the result and the weartime. The full size at 6.6mL retails for C$32.




Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

I have used this product many times over the years and this is undeniably a great eye make up remover. It cleans thoroughly and feels gentle. I just wish it didn't contain fragrance. At C$20 for this 50mL travel size, I probably wouldn't repurchase since this product is a staple in most Lancome gift with purchases.



What is your favorite Lancome product?

No comments:

Post a Comment