April 12, 2015

Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Colour x 3

Back in September, I spent a few days experiencing the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). L'Oreal was one of the major festival sponsors and they were giving away some goodies, including these Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Colours.

As full disclaimer, I did not purchase any of these three shades myself. I received one from the festival and the other two were gifted to me. Today I want to share my opinion about how I feel about these lip products. As always, anything I write is 100% my honest opinion.



The spongy doe-foot applicator picks up just the right amount of product for one layer on the lips. However, there is a small slit at the tip of the applicator right down the middle, which sometimes makes the application a bit streaky on the first go. This slit is most obvious in the below photo for Ruby Opera where the two sides of the applicator don't line up perfectly.



Having spent many years in the past studying music, I adore the names of these shades!

[L-R]: 103 Blushing Harmony, 303 Rouge Allegro, and 304 Ruby Opera



The color on the packaging corresponds to the shade color, but since it is not the actual product showing through, the color isn't perfectly accurate. I do appreciate having the color on the label at the top, making it foolproof to identify the shade among the rest of my lip products.

This is my favorite shade out of the three. The shade is slightly darker than my natural lip color as a dusty rose with hints of mauve. There is shimmers in the formula, but they are extremely subtle. For the first 2-3 hours, without food or drink, the formula has a way of blurring the lip lines and makes the lips look smooth.
103 Blushing Harmony

303 Rouge Allegro

This shade is at the border of pink and red. The finish is slightly translucent and the color is bright but still wearable for every day.
I need to take more time when applying this cool-tone red. Then again, the bolder the color, the more the precision. This formula on this one does noticeably settle into my lip lines.
304 Ruby Opera



These lip products are pigmented, the finish is very glossy and the color stains almost instantly. I could do without the peach scent, but I have slowly gotten used to it.

Although these claims to contain essential oils, I find the two brighter shades dry out my lips so much that I need 2-3 days to recover before I would put any other lip products.

I would not purchase any more shades from this line. These retails for C$10-12.


What is your favorite shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment