March 19, 2015

Review: Josie Maran Winter Dreams Argan Skincare Collection

I have been interested in trying more products from the Josie Maran line ever since the 100% pure argan oil became a part of my regular routine. I purchased this Winter Dreams Argan Skincare collection last December and today I want to share my thoughts.



This C$49 set has a value of C$81.53:
  • 100% Pure Argan Oil - 15mL (travel size 15mL for C$20) - value: C$20
  • Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment - 5mL (full size 30mL for $C70) - value: C$11.66
  • Argan Cleansing Oil - 55mL (full size 180mL for C$40) - value: C$12.22
  • Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 - 15mL (travel size 15mL for C$18) - value: C$18
  • Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil - 15mL (full size 65mL for C$35) - C$8.08
  • Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream - 30mL (full size 70mL for C$27) - value: C$11.57


Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
This product is already a tried and true favorite that made it into my 2014 Beauty Favorites. I use this oil on any and all dry spots, including my face. I absolutely adore this product and it remains my favorite from the Josie Maran line.


Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment
The packaging on this mini size made it very difficult to dispense any product. I used about 3 drops for my face and this sample lasted about a week. The texture is very light and the formula readily absorbs.

This product didn't have any exceptional effect on my normal skin. I don't think the full-size is worth C$70 and I am not interested in repurchasing.


Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
I got through about a quarter of this 55mL sample before I gave up on this cleansing oil. The oil was too thick for my liking and it didn't have much slip to massage around a dry face. Even after I added water, the oil was very resistant to emulsifying. After a lot of effort, the oil did rinse clean and removed all my makeup.

I found that if I used this cleansing oil 3-4 days in a row, then my pores would feel clogged and my skin would start to react. This is my least favorite product in this set and I am not interested in ever using it again.


Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47
This moisturizer has a slight citrus scent that quickly disappears after application. Even though the formula is very thin, I use only one pump for my entire face. When I try to use a bit more to actually create adequate coverage for sun protection, the formula would ball up as I massage it into the skin.

This product delivers a very noticeable white cast and it takes some time for the formula to set. I don't feel strongly about this product. I will use up this sample, but I would not purchase the full size.


Josie Maran Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil
This cream-to-oil product is my favorite discovery in this set. I like to use it as a lip balm and as a hand cream.

I find the formula extremely moisturizing, but I still prefer the 100% pure argan oil. I may repurchase since I traveled with it through Switzerland and it was wonderful on the trip.

Update (January 31, 2016): Updated impression in my January Empties.


Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream
I wouldn't describe the texture of this hand cream as whipped, but it does have a light texture. The vanilla apricot scent is a bit too sweet for my liking, and that's a deal breaker on repurchase for me. The formula is moisturizing and non-greasy, but it isn't exceptional.

Update (September 30, 2015): Updated impressions in my September Empties.



I think this is a great set, even though the cleansing oil was a miss for me. I highly recommend it if you are interested in trying out more products from Josie Maran.


What is your favorite Josie Maran product?

No comments:

Post a Comment