February 28, 2015

Empties: February 2015

Today I want to share the products that I used up this month, so let's get started!



Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo + Conditioner (40mL x 2)
This duo did not deliver on the moisture front and it actually made my hair feel more dry on occasion. I did enjoy the scent and the formula helped to reduce frizz and made my hair more manageable. While I don't think the pair is worth C$40 each for 200mL, I did repurchase when I found the shampoo and conditioner in a set for C$39.99. I will give it a second chance and see if prolonged use has any miraculous effects on my hair.

Beautea Black Ceylon Pekoe Tea Purifying Hand Soap (250mL)
The formula left my hands feeling softer after each wash and the scent was wonderful. I really enjoyed using this hand soap, but I have no idea where I could purchase it again.

Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser (30mL)
This cleanser worked great when used with my clarisonic. I liked the scent and the formula did not leave my face feeling dry. However, without the brush, this cleanser was useless on my skin. I always wanted to follow up with another cleanser. The full size 177mL retails for C$28. I don't think I would repurchase since I don't use my clarisonic on a daily basis and I don't want a cleanser that I would not be able to use with just my hands.

Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy - Lily (25g)
Being non-greasy with a nice scent is no longer enough for me to love a hand cream. I enjoyed using this one, but it was not special enough for me to repurchase.

Kiss My Face Vitamin A & E Moisturizer (177mL)
The light formula absorbed easily and the scent was inoffensive. However, this body lotion was not nearly moisturizing enough for the dry winter months. I usually apply it in the evening and by the next morning, my skin would look dry again. I think this $7 lotion may work well for the rest of the year, but I would not count on it again in the winter.

Phyto Phytobaume Hydration Express Conditioner (150mL)
I adore this condition so much that it made it into my 2014 Beauty Favorites. The formula doesn't need any wait time to nourish my hair and I can rinse it off almost instantly. It did wonders for detangling and left my hair feeling very smooth. The scent is slight nutty and subtle. This retails for C$29 and I would definitely repurchase.

Phyto Phytoneutre Clarifying Detox Shampoo (125mL)
This is the clarifying shampoo that I have been using 2-3 times a month since last May. The eucalyptus made this shampoo feel very refreshing. The formula was fantastic at gently removing all the build-ups, leaving my hair clean but not stripped. Although this tube was a bit expansive, I don't go through clarifying shampoo very often, so it lasted for a good while. I would definitely repurchase.


What did you finish this month?

1 comment:

  1. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo is a luxurious, sulfate-free cleanser that restores moisture while protecting hair from color fade, daily stresses, and future damage.

    ReplyDelete