The Excess Extensions
Disclaimer: There is a learning curve with the extensions application and these photos were taken during my first attempts.
As the mascara dries quickly and the extensions adhere better when the mascara is still wet, I prefer to tap off the excess extensions first and have it ready as soon as I apply the mascara. I find it easiest to work on one eye at the time. As I have naturally straight lashes, curling my eyelashes is a must.
Even after getting rid of as much excess extensions as possible, there is always a pool of fallouts when I apply it over mascara. Luckily the extensions are dry, so they are easily brushed away from my eyelids and from underneath my eyes. Once I seal the extensions in with additional coats of mascara, I don't experience extensions fallout in my eyes or around my eyes throughout the day, unless the mascara smudges.
The mascara itself is a rich black color and wears well while being easy to remove. The mascara formula is not water-resistant, so it smudges as soon as my eyes start to water on cold windy days. If the top layer of mascara smudges, then the extensions will also end up all over my eyes. It would be interesting to try the extensions with other mascaras. I imagine this concept would perform better with a wetter mascara formula that doesn't dry as fast and one that is smudge-proof under all weather conditions.
Overall, this mascara kit is an intriguing product. I enjoyed trying it out and will continue to use the mascara, with or without the extensions.
This kit retails for around US$14.5 in CVS where I purchased mine with US$5 off manufacturer coupon on the boxes. I have seen it available for around CAD$21 in Shoppers Drug Mart with CAD$9 off coupons on the boxes. Regardless, this kit is on the more expansive end of drugstore makeup and I would not pay the full price for it.
If you would like to try this mascara, I am giving one away via Rafflecopter.
Ways to Enter
- Leave a comment.
- Follow DearIndulgence on Bloglovin (one additional entry).
- Share this giveaway on your blog (one additional entry).
- Share this giveaway on social media (one additional entry per day).
- No purchase necessary.
- This giveaway is open internationally.
- If you are under the age of majority in resident country, please make sure you have permission from your legal guardian to enter as I would need a mailing address to mail the package.
- This giveaway will end on January 24, 2015 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time).
- The winner will be contacted within 48 hours of the close date by email.
- If no reply is received within 2 days, then a new winner will be chosen.
- I am not responsible for packages lost in the mail, any reaction to the products, and other potential liabilities once I mail out the package.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- I purchased the mascara and this giveaway is not endorsed by any brand or media platform.
What fibres mascaras have you tried and would recommend?