January 4, 2015

Project 10 Pan: 2015

Happy new year and hello 2015! I want to start the year with my project 10 pan. The idea is to pick 10 products to use up before purchasing new products. However, I don't think a comprehensive no-buy policy would work very well for me, so I am adapting the basic rule to each of the products that I have committed to using up for 2015. I have chosen these products as items that I like, but do not use regularly enough among everything that I own.



Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm (Pink Pout) [Original Review Here]

This is one of my favorite lip glosses from the drugstore with a sheer, glossy, and moisturizing formula. I have had this shade for about a year now and I want to wear it more often before it's time to get rid of it.

No-Buys: Lip Glosses


Mini Laura Mercier Lip Glace (Bare Pink) [Swatch Here]

This lip gloss is one of the few nude shades that works with my complexion. I wish the formula is more moisturizing, so I am not interested in repurchasing any shades from this lip gloss line. However, I like the color enough for the office that I want to finish this mini tube.

No-Buys: Lip Glosses


NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil (New Lover) [Original Review Here]

Having to sharpen this pencil is the only reason why I don't use it often. The color is beautiful and I wish NARS would repackage this as a retractable pencil.

No-Buys: Lip Crayons


KIKO Kiss Balm (Blackberry) [Original Review Here]

The color makes up for the formula, which I wish was more moisturizing with less slip. The SPF 15 is a nice bonus. I am about half-way through the tube and I want to finish the rest of it up!

No-Buys: Tinted Lip Balms


Mini Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer (Kissability) [Original Review Here]

I am throwing in this lip gloss as a bit of a freebie, as a bit of encouragement if you will. I like the raspberry tone and the finish of this lip gloss.

No-Buys: Lip Glosses


Mini BareMinerals 5 In 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow (Soft Linen) [Original Review Here]

I usually use this as a quick all-over color on its own as I prefer other products to prime my eyes for eyeshadows. As this product is not unique in color and wear, I have enough neutral eyeshadows that would deliver a similar look. This tube is convenient to travel with and I like it enough to not let it go to waste.

No-Buys: Neutral Eyeshadows


BareMinerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner (Lasting Brown) [Original Review Here]

I like the softer look of dark brown eyeliners. This particular one does not smudge beneath my eyes and the built-in sharpener is very convenient.

No-Buys: Pencil Eyeliners


Mini Dior Colour Eyeshadow Palette (Grège) [Original Review Here]

I do not reach these eyeshadows often since I associate this compact with traveling. The color pigmentation is fair and needs a primer to last. The shades are flattering and I want to use it more frequently. My goal is to hit pan.

No-Buys: Eyeshadow Palettes


Bioderma Photoderm SPF 60 Milk

I feel a little apathetic about body sunscreens, so I tend to purchase new bottles every year. This sunscreen is pretty good, so I will use it up.

No-Buys: Body Sunscreen


Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent Spray

This scent is fresh with a hint of citrus, perfect for daytime wear and for all ages. The downside is the lack of longevity, I get maybe an hour of wear before it fades completely.

No-Buys: Perfume; All Scented Sprays/Rollerballs


Guidelines
  • I will not continue to use a product if it expires.
  • No-Buys do not apply to limited edition products or to any purchases intendeds as gifts or for giveaways.
  • If I travel and find products that are not readily available in Canada or in the USA, the No-Buys do not apply.
  • I will not purchase any sets with over half of the items falling under the No-Buys category. I am leaving the definition of half a bit loose and it could go by item count, item weight, or item value. If the set contains limited edition products, then this rule does not apply.


I did not include any skincare, hair care, or body products (aside from the sunscreen) since I am pretty good about finishing items before starting on something new [Empties Here].

I don't have any reward planned when I complete this project 10 pan. I just think it would be nice to appreciate products that I already have and that I know already works for me.


Are you planning a project 10 pan?

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. I definitely need to do something similar. But I feel like I've been improving on makeup hoarding. I actually returned a Naked 3 palette I got for Christmas because it was nice, but not THAT nice and I have too many palettes. Baby steps.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I don't own any of the Naked palettes, but I have a soft spot for beautiful packaging!

      Delete
  2. I should definitely try the 10 pan project since my lipstick/lipgloss/lipcrayon/anything lip related obsession is a bit insane. I love the idea of using and appreciating the items that one tends to buy whether it be on the spur of the moment or something you really want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Lip crayons are my favorite type of lip products!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like something I should do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking toward your product selection!

      Delete