December 31, 2014

Beauty Favorites: 2014

As the end of 2014 draws near, today I want to share my top 10 beauty products of the year.





bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (The Overachiever with Schmooze + Get Ahead) [Original Review Here]

This eyeshadow duo looks flattering even when I don't spend any time working on my eyes. The color combination is suitable for work, but still has a bit of shimmer to continue into the evening with the help of an eyeshadow primer. I think this particular duo is only available in the Bare Tutorials Neutral Eyes set, but other shades are available for C$25.




Bioderma Crealine Yeux Gel-Creme Contour Dex Yeux [Original Review Here]
I am almost through my second tube of this eye cream (my previous tube was labeled as Sensibio Eye Contour Gel and I am pretty sure that this is the same product). Even after almost a year of using this product, I still adore it so much! This is a basic eye cream that is light and absorbs quickly. The 15mL tube retails for around €11 in Paris and around C$24 in Canada. I will be repurchasing as soon as I find it on sale!




Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil

[Top-to-Bottom]: Meritage and Rhubarb



The two mini Bite lip pencils that I own are from the Sephora Give Me Some Lip set [Meritage from 2014 and Rhubarb from 2013]. These twist-up pencils are pigmented and wears off evenly. The food grade ingredients are definitely a plus. The full-size retails C$28.




Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Cream



This formula is creamy, but does not feel greasy at all. This sunscreen sets to a natural finish that wears well throughout the day. My skin don't have any adverse reactions to this product and I will definitely repurchase! The 50mL bottle retails for C$26.




Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturizer [Original Review Here]



I am on my second tube of this do-it-all moisturizer. This is my current nighttime moisturizer and I bring the product all the way down to my neck. The light formula absorbs quickly and the tube packaging is very hygienic. I will definitely purchase more the next time that I am in Paris.




Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
This is a versatile oil and my favorite way is to use it on my hands. Just one drop is sufficient for my cuticles on both hands and the oil absorbs quickly. I use it 2-3 times a week and that has been part of my nighttime routine for the past year. I feel this oil has made my nails stronger. I sometimes add an extra drop in place of hand cream.

I have tried it on my face before moisturizer. Luckily it didn't break me out as I feared. I don't use it on my face often, but I would reach for it if my skin is feeling very dry. These is no discernible scent.

I am almost through my bottle and I already have a back-up ready! A 15mL retails for C$20.




Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment



A little bit of this forest-green exfoliant goes a long way, considering my 7mL sample has lasted over six months. I tend to use this only when I breakout and this product is great for drying out the spots and accelerates my skin's recovery. My skin always feel very soft when I occasionally use this all over the face.

I could only leave the formula on for less than 30 seconds before it starts to sting. I am very happy with the results and I am glad to have a new tube ready [Haul Here]. A 15mL tube retails for C$25 and larger size bottles are available.




NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard)



At the moment, the Custard shade is a tad too dark for me. This concealer is brilliant for neutralizing any blemishes and works just as well under my eyes. I go through concealer slowly and this tube will probably last me a while. I would consider repurchasing. This concealer retails for C$35.




Phyto Phytobaume Hydration Express Conditioner

This is a fantastic conditioner with no-wait time. I rinse off the product almost immediately after I have smoothed it on and it still leaves my normally dry hair feeling hydrated. The formula doesn't weigh my hair down and helps to smooth the strands for a polished finish. The scent is slightly nutty. 150mL retails for C$29 in Canada and around €11 in Paris.




The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Design My Eyebrow



I lost my original The Face Shop eyebrow pencil in mid-October and it took a few weeks for locations near me to restock these eyebrow pencils. Unfortunately the Black Brown shade was sold out [Swatch Here], so I went with the Dark Gray instead. This color is cooler than the Black Brown, but they only look slightly different once applied and blended. These twist-up eyebrow pencils adds natural definition that lasts all day. I still prefer the Black Brown shade and at C$4, this is a great buy.


What are your favorite products of 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment