October 18, 2014

In the Mail: Topbox October 2014

I had one previous beauty box subscription and I really enjoyed that experience with Glossybox UK [Review Here]. I justed started my subscription with the Canadian-based Topbox and today, I want to share my first box.



For C$12/month, each box contains 4 deluxe samples with free shipping. Every month, there is the option to enter the draw for Privé Boxes, which picks all products from one brand. I went with the regular box this month and I also passed on the offer to receive an additional product with a C$10 upgrade.

There are two packaging options and I went with the minimal one (a mesh bag instead of a cylindrical tube). Let's take a look at what I received this month.



My first box totals a value of C$39.18:
  • Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner - 0.003oz (full size 0.04oz for C$29) - value: C$2.18
  • Bioderma Sensibio H2O - 100mL (travel size 100mL for C$7) - value: C$7
  • China Glaze Nail Lacquer (X-Ta-Sea) - 14mL (full size 14mL for ~C$8) - value: C$8
  • Lancome Genifique Yeux Light-Pearl Eye-Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate - 5mL (full size 20mL for C$88) - value: C$22


I have tried the Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner [Review Here] and I did not like it, so I will be passing on this sample.

The Bioderma Sensibio H2O is one of my favorite micelle solutions. While this is a product that I really enjoy using, I already have two 500mL bottles and one 250mL bottle to go through.

The Lancome Genifique Yeux Light-Pearl Eye-Illuminating Youth Activating Concentrate is the item with the most value in this box. Unfortunately, I will not be using this since I am committed to stay away from anti-aging focused products until I am closer to my thirties.

Overall, the value of the entire box is worth the C$12 subscription price. However, given that I don't like the Benefit eyeliner, that I don't really wear bright purple nail polishes often, and that I do not intend on trying the Lancome eye concentrate myself, the true value of this box to me is on par with the price. I really enjoy the surprise of products and I am continuing my subscription.


Which beauty boxes are you subscribed to?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't subscribed to a beauty box in forever. It just isn't worth it for me because I barely found items worth repurchasing in beauty boxes and some samples were to small to gauge how effective they were. I didn't know Topbox is only $12 though. I could've sworn it used to be $20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the surprise, even though I don't have high hopes for the products!

      Delete