October 31, 2014

Empties: October 2014

As always, today's post features the products that I have used up this month.



Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Shampoo + Conditioner (250mL x 2)
The texture of my hair has improved to be much more manageable after 3 months of continuous use. The shampoo does not dry out my hair and the conditioner does not weigh my hair down. The scent is pleasant and my hair always feel great after each wash. The only thing that I don't like is the packaging. The last bit of product was difficult to get out, especially since I didn't want to store the bottle up-side down given there was no cap for the bottle. I think the pair works very well, but they are not so amazing that I would pay C$54 for both on a regular basis.

Bliss Lemon + Sage Soapy Suds Body Wash + Bubbling Bath & Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream (30mL x 2) [Original Review Here]
I got about a week's worth of use from the body wash and the body butter. As mentioned before, the soapy suds doesn't create much bubble in the bath nor does it lather up well in the shower. I think the texture of the body lotion is great and it feels moisturizing. I just don't think the pair is worth the price (ie, the $C13 Bliss Lemony Trinkets set) for me. I am glad that I got to try them out from my stay at the W New York City.

Caudalie Premieres Vendanges Moisturizing Cream (40mL) [Original Review Here]
The texture of this cream feels very luxurious and blends to a finish that feels velvety to the touch. The packaging is very hygienic and the scent is soothing. I used this moisturizer every morning and night, and this tube lasted almost exactly a month. I must have squeezed out more product per use considering my previous tube of this product lasted just under two months. This is a wonderful moisturizer for my normal 20s skin, but I'm not sure if I could routinely spend C$40 on a moisturizer that only lasts a month. I will definitely be picking up a large stock the next time I am in Paris!


What products did you finish this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment