September 14, 2014

Review: BareMinerals Bare Tutorials Neutral Eyes

The neutral eye is my most worn and my favorite type of look. Today I want to share the most recent addition to my neutral make-up: the limited edition BareMinerals Bare Tutorials Neutral Eyes set.





This $C36 bareMinerals set has a value of $C60.1 (not counting the brush):
  • 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow (Soft Linen) - 0.07oz (full size 0.1oz for $C23) - value: $C16.10
  • READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (The Overachiever) - 0.09oz (full size 0.09oz for $C25) - value: $C25
  • Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner (Lasting Brown) - 0.012 oz (full size 0.012 oz for $C19) - value: $C19
  • Mini Blend + Contour Brush




Swatches [L-R]: 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow (Soft Linen), bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (Schmooze), bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (Get Ahead), Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner (Lasting Brown)






bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 (The Overachiever with Schmooze + Get Ahead)


Both of these eyeshadow shades are flattering and complements each other very well. I especially like the Schmooze shade to brighten up my eyes. Both shades have good pigmentation and the formula is very light.

There is very little fallout during application. The eyeshadows set very quickly, so I need to blend out one eye before adding pigment to the other. Throughout the wear, the eyeshadows don't transfer anywhere and just fade after 4-5 hours.

I cannot find this duo shade on bareMinerals site individually. Thus, this duo is being discontinued or it is exclusive to this set. This range of eyeshadow duos retail for C$25 and there are plenty of other color combinations available. This is my favorite item in this set.




bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow (Soft Linen)



All five colors in this range are neutrals to suit a range of skintones. Soft Linen has a slight yellow undertone with subtle gold shimmers. I dab 2-3 dots of the thick formula on one eye and blend it out before moving to the other. I have tried blending with my fingers and with various brushes. I need to work really fast and only on one eye at a time to prevent harsh edges.

As a primer, this formula doesn't do much for how the Overachiever eyeshadow duo wears or appears. I imagine it would work better as a base for brighter or more sheer eyeshadows. I will give it a few more gos as a base for other eyeshadows.

On its own, the shade is a great match for my skin. The gold shimmer is pretty and appears to brighten my eyes. The broad spectrum formula has SPF 15 and lasts half way through my days, not the 12 hours as claimed. I can achieve similar effect to this product with other eyeshadows that I own, so I will not purchase the full size for C$23.




bareMinerals Lasting Line Long-Wearing Eyeliner (Lasting Brown)


This brown eyeliner comes with a built-in sharpener and a rubber angled smudge tip. This is a twist-up pencil and I use the sharpener when I want a finer point. The smudge tip tugs, so I prefer to smudge with a brush instead. This eyeliner applies very creamy and wears better with eyeshadow than on its own. With my tapered eyelids, it tends to disappear into my crease after a few hours, but the fact that it doesn't smudge beneath my eyes at all puts this eyeliner in my favor.

The swatch was difficult to remove, but I do not have any problems removing this with my regular makeup remover. This is a full size eyeliner that retails for C$19. I think this is a very convenient eyeliner and I will continue to use it.




Mini Blend + Contour Brush


The contour side is very stiff and tugs at my eyelids. The blending side is not bad and I will continue to use it. I am not sure whether this brush is synthetic or not.




The result of the 4-Step tutorials using the included duo-ended brush.
No Make-up
The 3 products applied with the mini brush


Now that I have worn the items in this set for two weeks, I much prefer to concentrate the Get Ahead shade in the outer third of my eyes instead of two-third of my lids as in the photo.

I am glad that I purchased this set and I will continue to use every product.


Will you give this set a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment