September 9, 2014

Beauty Declutter: Lip Products

Even though I have been out of school for a while now, September always feels like a new start. Today I want to share some brief thoughts about the lip products that I am getting rid of.



Although I usually do arm swatches for my reviews, I will probably stick with paper swatches for the rest of this beauty declutter series.



I refer to my previous posts for detailed reviews and swatches for products that I have previously wrote about.



Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster (Glitzy) [Review Here]
I do not like any aspect of this product. There is too much glitter and the mint scent is too strong.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (Never Say Never)
I picked up this lip pencil at IMATS London 2013 [Read Here] and I really like purple tinted lip products. As with most matte formula, this lip pencil, on its own, emphasizes the lip lines. I like to apply this to only part of my lips and then layer a gloss or balm on top to achieve an wearable ombre effect. Unfortunately, I must have not closed the cap tightly after my last use. The scent has changed and I am sad to get rid of it.

IsaDora Cream Gloss Stylo (Peach Melba) [Review Here]
I really like the color, but I own similar lip products that have better formulas. Thus into the toss pile it goes.

Catrice Wet Shine Stain Long-Lasting Lip Lacquer (Innocent)
This is a limited edition product from last Fall. The pink color is cute and the formula isn't bad. Too bad the scent is like a mix of glue and cotton candy.

KIKO Kiss Balm (Tutti Frutti) [Review Here]
This is another lip product that I don't reach for due to the scent. The formula and color are both nice, but not so great that I can look past the sweet scent. I really enjoy the Blackberry shade that I own from this line of tinted lip balm with SPF 15.

Lancome Color Design Lipstick (B-List)
This nude shade is not very flattering on me. I have had this sample size for a long time and the shade has been discontinued. I don't have any vivid impression of this product.

Buxom Lip Polish (Gina)
This is another product in a discontinued shade. This fuchsia shade has cool-tone glitter and is great at perking up my complexion. I am a big fan of the lip polish line [e.g. Leslie, Dolly] and this shade is no exception.

MUA Power Pouts x 6 [Review Here]
These lip crayons melt under the slightest warm temperature. After this summer, the bullets have disfigured to the point that I no longer want to use them. I think these lip crayons are great for the price.


Have you done any decluttering recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment