September 6, 2014

Beauty Declutter: Eyeshadows

Refining one's inventory of beauty products has emerged as a popular theme over the past few months. Today, I will kick off my Beauty Declutter series with brief thoughts about the eyeshadows that I am tossing out.






Catrice Absolute Eye Colour Trios (Soft Thrill & Gentle Thrill)
I picked up these two limited edition trios less than a year ago in Belgium [Haul Here]. Even with multiple layers, the pigmentation is so poor that I don't wear these eyeshadows, ever. Swatches are available as part of my Perfect Palette Tag [Read Here].




Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencil (Vanilla Sky & Hot Chocolate)
I purchased these eyeshadow pencils when they first launched, so I've had them for about a year now. Vanilla Sky [Swatch Here] and Hot Chocolate [Swatch Here] are now so dry that they no longer blend or wear well, even with constant sharpening. The Vintage Blush shade that I bought around the same time still performs very well. I still think these Collection eyeshadow pencils are great, especially for the price.




Disclaimer: The products below have not been worn in the past year, thus all thoughts below are from memory





Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Trio (Plum Seduction, Blue Lagoon, Dark Denim)


This gift-with-purchase Clinique palette is part of the Colour Surge Eyeshadow line that has been discontinued. The colors are wonderful, but not very long-lasting.




Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo (Butter Pecan) & Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow (Ivory Slipper & Wild Sable)



These two gift-with-purchase duos were once my go-to eyeshadows on a day-to-day basis. Out of these two duos, I prefer the Estee Lauder (bottom) to the Clinique (top).

Both Ivory Slipper and Wild Sable are still available from the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow line. Finally, another product aside from the Collection eyeshadow pencils that are available for purchase! Ivory Slipper has a satin finish and works well as a base or as a highlight. Wild Sable is a classic matte brown crease-shade. The color payoffs are on the sheer side, but the pigments are so fine that I can build up the color intensity with several smooth layers.




Lancome Colour Focus Palette 4 Ombres Exceptional Wear EyeColour Quad (Enchanted Forest)

The Lancome Colour Focus eyeshadows are also discontinued and I am sad to get rid of mine because it was a gift from a friend. I cannot wear the blush shade since it would make my eyes look very puffy, but the other three shades are flattering without being simple neutrals.




I have already gotten rid of a ton of products earlier this year when I relocated. I hope the rest of this decluttering process will be full of easy decisions.


Have you done a beauty declutter recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment