September 26, 2014

Beauty Declutter: Eyeliners and Eyeshadow Primers

For the finale of my beauty clutter series for this year, I want to share some brief thoughts about the eyeliners and eyeshadow primers that I am getting rid of.



[Top-Down]/[Left-Right]: Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner (Blackest Black), Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner, Catrice Kohl Kajal (Ultra Black), NYX Retractable Eyeliner (Silky Cashmere), Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (1999), Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer, Soap & Glory It's About Prime Eyeshadow Underbase (Bright Light)



I usually prefer one eyeliner over another for the same reasons, so from here on, things may sound a little repetitive.




Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner (Blackest Black)


This gel eyeliner is really convenient with a built-in brush applicator. The formula is really smooth and sets slightly matte. It is not waterproof nor is it long lasting on me. I think Rimmel has repackaged this product with a regular size brush and I don't know whether the formula has changed as well. This eyeliner retails for $5-6.




Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner [Original Review Here]
The formula is on the dry side and does not wear well. I haven't worn it much since my last review, so my opinion stayed the same. I don't like it and I would not purchase the full size.




Catrice Kohl Kajal (Ultra Black) [Original Review Here]
As I said before, this eyeliner applies smoothly and can be built up to an intense black color. I think this eyeliner has good value for under €2, but I wouldn't choose it over other black eyeliners that I own.




Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (1999)


This eyeliner is so creamy and smooth. The shimmers tend to transfer beneath my eyes even though the base color does not. I don't reach for it often enough to keep it around. I believe this shade has been discontinued.




NYX Retractable Eyeliner (Silky Cashmere)


I purchased this eyeliner at IMATS London 2013 [Read Here]. I don't notice any smudging at the end of the day, perhaps because the color is subtle. The color also works as an all-over-lid color. Since I can create a similar effect with eyeshadow, there is no point for me to keep this eyeliner around. There are many shades in this eyeliner range and they retail for $4-5.




Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Base [Original Review Here]
The more I use this, the less I like it. As from the paper swatch, the formula has a watery consistency and a slight iridescent finish. I don't think it adds any value to the wear time or appearance of my eyeshadows. I used this eyeshadow primer for several months and I don't want to put up with it anymore. This retails for $4-5, but I do not recommend this product at all.




Soap & Glory It's About Prime [Original Review Here]
I have had this primer for a while and it is near the end of its open-after life. This is a shimmery primer, so it is wonderful for adding dimension with a sheer wash of eyeshadow. I don't think I would purchase it again since I prefer a universal primer to use for both matte and shimmery looks. This retails for £8.


I throw out mascaras after 3-6 months and I usually don't keep base products that don't work for me. Thus this is the end of my beauty decluttering for this year!


Have you gotten rid of any products lately?

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring, thank you for sharing! I need to declutter my eyeliner pencils - I don't use them enough, and I only have about 10 lip liner pencils and I'd love to get my eyeliners down to about that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, the ones you choose to keep are the true gems!

      Delete