August 9, 2014

Review: Mascaras (Covergirl, KIKO, and L'Oreal)

I always like to have a couple of mascaras on rotation and these three have all reached that three to six months mark. Today I want to share some brief thoughts before I bid these mascaras adieu.



[Top-to-Bottom]: Covergirl LashBlast 24hr, KIKO Volume Attraction, and L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess





Covergirl LashBlast 24hr Mascara (800 Very Black)


The wand is bulky with very short bristles. I need to be patient with application to only get the formula on my lashes and not elsewhere. This mascara delivers its "100% more volume" with curl even without first using an eyelash curler, but the wear time is not anywhere near the 24 hours as claimed. Unfortunately, wearing this mascara for more than 3-4 hours irritates my eyes and the formula is very difficult to remove. The retail price is $CAD$10-12 and I would not repurchase.



KIKO Volume Attraction Mascara


Contrary to the name, this mascara delivers almost no volume. The spiral brush is very good for separating the lashes for very natural-looking length. It usually looks perfect for 2-3 hours, but then flakes and smudges all beneath the eyes. This mascara retails for £7.2 and I would not repurchase. I have a few more KIKO mascaras that I purchased before leaving London and I hope those work better than this one.



L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara (459 Blackest Black)


This is probably my preferred mascara out of the three and the Blackest Black shade is also the most intense out of the three. I like the tapered end for precision in reaching my inner most lashes and I can build up 2-3 coats with no clumping. The formula lasts about 3-4 hours on me before some transfers occur. I enjoyed using this mascara, but I don't like it enough to repurchase for $CAD$10-12.


Have you tried any of these three mascaras?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara in blackest black (got it for free when my mum was purchasing dye) and I actually had a problem reaching the inner most lashes DX That might either be due to me being a noob with mascara or my eyes are just weird lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wand on mine has a more pronounced angle on one side of the tip than others, and that side worked best for me for my inner most lashes. It's so great that you got to try out this mascara for free!

      Delete