August 27, 2014

Review: Catrice Kohl Kajal + Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm

As part of my Europe travel haul last Fall [Read Here], I picked up several products from the German brand Catrice Cosmetics. Today I want to share my thoughts on two products from the permanent range.





Catrice Kohl Kajal (010 Ultra Black)


This is my first attempt at photographing my eyes! The top photo features my bare skin without any makeup and in the bottom photo, I am only wearing the Catrice eyeliner. The effect of giving my lashes a fuller appearance without mascara is pretty standard for a pencil eyeliner on me.

The pencil feels very soft and is pigmented when applied to my lashline. Unfortunately, on my waterline, the color payoff is poor even with a bit of pressure and the eyeliner does not last more than 2-3 hours before disappearing completely.

On my lashline, the formula takes a long time to set. The pigments would smudge everywhere beneath my eyes within the first 10 minutes, followed by minor smudging for the next hour or so. After the first two hours, the eyeliner would then wear virtually mess-free for the rest of the day. I have worn it for over 12 hours and I have no complaints aside from pigments gathering in the crease around the inner corners, which is typical of my tapered eyelids with most eyeliners.

I like the sleek matte packaging and this eyeliner is very affordable at under €2, but I don't think I would repurchase or get much use out of it.


Update (September 26, 2014): Updated impressions Here.




Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm (030 Don't Think Just Pink)
This is a standard twist-up lip crayon in a cool-tone pink with subtle gold shimmers. The formula gives a sheer wash of color and the shimmers in the bullet are not noticeable on the lips at all. As the name suggests, this product feels moisturizing like a lip balm. However, it is not nearly as glossy as I had expected from the name, but there is still a decent amount of shine.

The scent is vanilla with a hint of mint. I feel rather indifferent about this product. I like how it looks and how it feels, but it doesn't stand out compared to all the other lip crayons that I own. This lip crayon retails for €4.99.


Have you tried any products from Catrice?

1 comment:

  1. I've tried the Catrice eye pencil and didn't like it either!

    ReplyDelete