August 31, 2014

Empties: August 2014

Today I want to share my empties for August 2014. Let's just get started.



Bioderma Sensibio Light Soothing Cream (15mL Sample)
I took this deluxe sample with me to New York City and I used it both day and night throughout that week and half. After my trip, I continued to use it every morning for two more weeks before finishing up this sample. The light texture is great for summer and it has that no-fragrance scent. My normal skin isn't overly sensitive, so I cannot comment on how well it works for the targeted intolerant skin. I think this is a good basic moisturizer, but I didn't enjoy it enough to repurchase. A 40mL tube retails for $CAD 29.95.

Crabtree & Evelyn Citron Honey & Coriander Skin Cleansing Bath & Shower Gel (250mL)
This duo-purpose bath and shower gel starts off as a semi-solid jello texture and then becomes more liquid as I go through the bottle. The scent is mostly lemon and honey, without little, if any, of coriander. Just a little bit lathers up nicely , but I need a lot of product to make a bath that is rich in bubbles. I used this everyday since late May and it cleanses without drying out my skin. This product is sulfate-free and I would repurchase even if it is quite pricey at $CAD 20.

Neal's Yard Bee Lovely Hand Cream (50mL) [Original Review Here]
The more I use this hand cream, the more I like it. I can apply this to the driest skin before bed and wake up with very soft hands. The citrus scent with a hint of chocolate is still not my usual type of scent, but the essential oils in this hand cream does moisturizing wonders. I don't think I would repurchase, but this is a really good hand cream. Neal's Yard Remedies is an English brand out of London, but it is available for purchase in Canada for $CAD 19 (physical stores in Alberta and online elsewhere in the country).

Nuxe Gentle Exfoliating Gel with Rose Petals (75mL) [Original Review Here]
I have been using this exfoliating gel consistently on an once-a-week basis for the past 9 months and it has a noticeable smoothing effect on my face after each wash. I would not repurchase since my skincare routine is moving away from physical exfoliants as a whole, but if you don't mind non-rounded physical exfoliants, this is an amazing face scrub. This retails for around $26.

Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original (56mL) [Original Review Here]
I have already mentioned this a couple of times on my blog in past empties and and as far as drugstore moisturizers go, this is hands-down my favorite.

What products did you finish in this month of August?

No comments:

Post a Comment