July 29, 2014

Sephora Hair Products Haul!

As I only paid for one thing (technically a set), titling this post a haul may be a bit of a stretch. Regardless, today I want to share my recent Sephora order that is all about hair products.



My one purchase is the Alterna Bamboo Blowout Sleek Smooth Kit with three full-size products:
  • Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Shampoo + Conditioner (250mL x 2) [Review Here]
  • Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist (125mL)

This online exclusive set retails for $CAD 62 with a value of $CAD 79.5. Individually, the shampoo and conditioner go for $CAD 25.5 each and the dry oil mist is priced at $CAD 28.5.

So far, I think the Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist delivers amazing results. Even without heat, the mist spritzed into my palms and then smoothed over damp hair really gets rid of the majority of my usual frizzes. Once absorbed, the product does not leave the hair feeling greasy at all. I only need about two sprays for my shoulder length hair, so this bottle should last me for a while. Plus the oil smells really good!

I don't recall ever paying as much for shampoo and conditioner, especially since a 250mL bottle is not a lot of product. The scent is pleasant and my hair feels great after each wash. However, unless I get some amazing results from the prolonged use of this shampoo and conditioner pair, I find it difficult to justify repurchases in the future.



2 of the samples with my order are also related to haircare:
  • Alterna Bamboo Volume Abundant Volume Shampoo + Conditioner (10mL x 2)
  • Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo + Conditioner (7mL x 2)


My friend CW was over the moon with her Alterna Haircare 4 Steps to Flawless Hair set, so I traded in 500 BI points to try it out for myself. This set includes:
  • Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo + Conditioner (40mL x 2)
  • Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray (30mL)
  • Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction Leave-In Hair Perfector (25mL)


I am pretty happy with these sample sizes and I look forward to bringing them with me the next time I travel.

This post ended up being dedicated almost entirely to Alterna. I have previously only tried one product from the brand and it was the Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist that came in my Glossybox [Read Here] last July. I didn't keep that texture mist around when I moved away from the UK, but I know that I will use up every item in this haul.


Have you tried anything from Alterna Haircare? What is your favorite product?

2 comments:

  1. I use the the CC Cream from Caviar and I think it's a nice product. it says to put it into damp hair though and I use it more to tame flyaways. But it's still nice and smells great.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it and I look forward to using the CC cream myself!

      Delete