July 6, 2014

Review: Too Faced La Crème de La Crème Long Lasting Lip Collection

I had my eyes on this lip set for weeks last year and unfortunately it sold out when I finally decided to make the purchase. Fast forward a few months later, when this set came back in stock this January, I immediately placed an order. I have had my set for over six months now and today I want to share my thoughts on each of the products. All items in this set are available individually and this set is now back in stock at Sephora for $38.



The set with a total value of $76.2 includes:
  • Lip Insurance Lip Primer - 0.12oz (full size 0.15oz for $19) - value: $15.2
  • La Crème Lip Cream (Naked Dolly) - 0.11oz (full size 0.11oz for $22) - value: $22
  • La Crème Lip Cream (Spice Spice Baby) - 0.11oz (full size 0.11oz for $22) - value: $22
  • Perfect Lips Lip Liner (Perfect Spice) - 0.01oz (full size 0.01oz for $17) - value: $17




[L-R]: Naked Dolly, Spice Spice Baby, Perfect Spice, and Lip Insurance Lip Primer






La Crème Lip Cream

[L-R]: Naked Dolly and Spice Spice Baby



Here are some lip swatches for the La Crème with one layer of product. The color can be built up to the intensity of the arm swatches above.

Naked Dolly
Spice Spice Baby

The formula is true to its name and feels light but very creamy on the lips. It is a little bit slippery, but does not slide beyond the lip contour. The formula has a delicate lemon scent and wears for about 3 hours. It feels very moisturizing and blurs the appearance of any chapped areas when I build it up to a few coats. The formula achieves medium coverage at its boldest.

Out of the two shades, I definitely prefer Spice Spice Baby, the dusty rose color. I wear it as a thin layer or sometimes build it up for more color. I could not do the same with Naked Dolly, which is a beige nude that makes me look like I put concealer on my lips if I am slightly heavy handed with the product. With one light layer dabbed gently, Naked Dolly lightens up my natural lip color slightly to a shade that is quite flattering.

Ingredients (Naked Dolly)
Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Vegetable Oil, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla),Isostearyl Isostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Flavor (Aroma), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)

Ingredients (Spice Spice Baby)
Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Vegetable Oil, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla),Isostearyl Isostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Flavor (Aroma), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)





Perfect Lips Lip Liner (Perfect Spice)


I do not like this lip liner. The formula applies very creamy and provides a smooth base, but it also seems to create fine lines on my lips that I don't see on my bare lips. The Perfect Spice shade is supposed to compliment lip colors such as Spice Spice Baby from the Too Faced line, but from the swatches, it is obvious that the lip liner is darker than the lip color. As the La Crème formula does not achieve full coverage, using this lip liner underneath would deepen the color to a shade that does not look good on me.

This lip liner is a twist up pencil and has a gel grip for perfect control. It does lengthen the wear of my lip colors, but I just don't like this color on me. This was a major disappointment for me.

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Polyethylene, Synthetic Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di- t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. May Contain/(+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850)





Lip Insurance Lip Primer

I have never used a lip primer prior to this Lip Insurance, so I don't have any experience with similar products. This sheer formula provides a smooth canvas and feels almost nonexistent on my lips. I don't think it does much more for me than when I use a lip balm, probably because I don't own many lip products that feather to realize the full potential of this lip primer. I will continue to use up this deluxe sample, but I probably will not repurchase.


Ingredients:
Isododecane, Silica, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isobutyl Methacrylate/Trifluoroethylmethacrylate/Bis-Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trihydroxystearin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Triethylhexanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, o-Cymen-5-oL, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Sucrose Cocoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38


I am pretty sure that when I made my purchase, this set was retailing for $34, $4 less than the current price. I am glad that I got to try all the products for less than half of the retail price, but the Spice Spice Baby La Crème Lip Cream is the only product that I really enjoy using. Even then, it isn't so exceptional that I absolutely need it in my life.

Since two weeks ago, the cap on Spice Spice Baby no longer closes properly and sometimes the packaging gets stuck when I try to twist up for more product. Since I went over five months without any problems, I don't think this is a packaging fault. I probably will not repurchase any of the products in this set.


Have you tried any of the products in this set?

2 comments:

  1. Even if the products are not so great, I love the flower packaging that Too Faced has. I've always wanted to try the Too Faced lipsticks, but I might skip them now.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipsticks are good, but just not as impressive as I had hoped. The packaging is adorable!

      Delete