June 6, 2014

The Lip Product Addict TAG

Out of all the beauty products that I own, the lip products category definitely takes up the most inventory. Today I want to share my candidates to the Lip Product Addict TAG.





1. Favourite balm/treatment?



My favorite balm is the Nuxe RĂªve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm [Original Review Here]! I caught a cold around the end of April and this was amazing at reviving my dry lips. For on-the-go, I like the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 [Original Review Here]. Not only is it great at moisturizing, it also contains SPF and is available in tinted versions for that added bit of color.



2. Best eye-catching red?





I picked up the NYX Black Label Lipstick in Raspberry around this time last year at IMATS London [Read Here]. The shade was pretty, but I wasn't very impressed. When I pulled out this lipstick again for the holiday season a few months later, this cool-tone red became much more flattering against my paler skin in the winter. It wears beautifully for at least 5 hours with food and drinks and it feels moisturizing on the lips. I wear it both by dabbing it for a soft tint or by gliding it around for a more pigmented finish. I am having trouble finding this shade on the NYX website, so sadly, I think this shade may have been discontinued.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bordeaux is my favorite red when I want a glossier finish. The subtle flakes of gold and pink microglitters add dimension to the wine color. The applicator for this lipgloss does not transfer much pigment onto the lips unless I glide it along, so it is difficult to get an even tint by gently pressing the wand to my lips. This isn't a big deal since when I reach for this color, I am usually in the mood for a statement lip.



3. Best luxury & best drugstore?





I could count the number of high-end lip products that I own on one hand, but I would love to try a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine soon!

My luxury pick is the Bite High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb. This plum rose color is a little darker than what I would usually go for. This is a no-fuss low maintenance lipstick that is the most long-wearing out of any lip product that I own. It wears for more than 6 hours and leave a slight stain for the rest of the day. I could apply it in the morning and it would last through lunch until mid-afternoon. There is no discernible taste, even with its food grade ingredients. I have the mini size that came in the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set [Read Here] and the full size retails for CAD$28.

For the drugstore favorite, I am going with the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters! Although they have been in the market for a few years now, I haven't found anything that is such a complete package. From the formula to the packaging, I like everything about these lip butters. Of the shades that I own, Juicy Papaya is the one that I wear the most. This sheer color layered over my natural lip color produces a coral color that I really like on me. With a soft shine, the formula lasts about 3 hours on me.



4. Best MAC lipstick?

I don't own any MAC lipsticks, so I'm going to pass on this question. Any recommendations?



5. The most disappointing?



I received this Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Glitzy in the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set [Read Here], so I am very glad that I didn't pay CAD$29 for this full-size. The glitter is so chunky and it doesn't wear off with the color, so I would be left with huge (relatively) chunks of gold glitter on my lips. The scent is also not very appealing. I cannot find this shade on Tarte's website, so perhaps this is also discontinued?



6. Liner - yes or no?

I would say no, simply because I haven't found one that I like. I see the appeal of the concept, but it isn't a necessity for me.



7. Best gloss?





For the traditional gloss tube-with-wand, I am going with the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly that is natural nude with a slight shine. The formula is supposed to have plumping effect, but I don't feel any tingling or stinging. There is a cooling sensation that leaves my lips soft and moisturized. The color contains specks of beautiful micro-glitter and lasts about 3 hours on the lips with a soft shine. This is another mini size that came in the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set [Read Here], but I have previously finished another tube of this shade. Buxom has expanded the color range for these lip glosses early this year and I eventually will pick up the Julie shade. I cannot resist products with my name.

For an crayon alternative, I have to recommend the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks [Original Review Here]. I have four shades and I go through phases of loving different shades. My current favorite is Bashful, a soft nude pink. This is not only my favorite gloss, this is probably my favorite lip product. I cannot recommend these enough.



8. Something extra!





For this question, I want to talk about the lipstick that I have been wearing the most in the past two months. The Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipsticks in Bella [Original Review Here]! Since I have just recently posted a full review, I won't go on much about it aside from a mention of the handy mirror embedded in the packaging.

All of these lip products (with the exception of my regret product) have some common characteristics that they look flattering on me, wear well, and feel good on the lips.

The TAG Questions
1. Favourite balm/treatment?
2. Best eye-catching red?
3. Best luxury & best drugstore?
4. Best MAC lipstick?
5. The most disappointing?
6. Liner - yes or no?
7. Best gloss?
8. Something extra!

I tag everyone who is interested!


What are your candidates to this tag?

4 comments:

  1. The NYX lipstick in raspberry looks great.

    I think that my favorite mac lipstick is Creme Cup. It's a pink nude and the only lipstick I carry in my bag. I'm also really fond of Ravishing, which is a coral.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check those two out the next time I am at a MAC counter!

      Delete
  2. I'd LOVE to get my hands on the NYX lipstick in Raspberry, it looks absolutely gorgeous! I can definitely see that as the perfect shade for Winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is nice year-round, but it definitely stands out in winter! The great formula is just the icing on the cake.

      Delete