June 29, 2014

Empties: June 2014

Time for another empties post! Without any more intro, let's just get started with my thoughts on the products that I finished this month.



Almay Longwear & Waterproof Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (118mL)
Despite the name, this makeup remover never completely takes off waterproof makeup for me. The two tier formula needs to be shaken together before use on a cotton pad. It feels very gentle and does not leave behind a greasy residue. It is reliable for removing non-waterproof makeup and I would use it again if I have a bottle around. However, I feel quite indifferent about it and I would not pay the $6-8 retail price again.


COSMED Facial Puffs (180 count) [First Impression Here]
These facial puffs feel so silky on the skin! I finished this pack early in the month after using it daily for two and half months. I have returned to the regular cotton pads that I have always used and weeks later, I still find the regular cotton pads a bit scratchy on my skin.

I used these facial puffs to remove make-up and to apply cleansing water. It took me a few days to adjust how much product to dispense onto these puffs and I noticeably use less product with these thin pads. For example, the L'Oreal cleansing water that I also finished this month lasted a few weeks longer than usual. These puffs are great at making products go a longer distance, especially for pricy items.

I just wish there was no pink tint since I prefer a blank canvas to clearly show how much product has been taken off. The pink base with my yellow bathroom lights does not show what has been removed well. I would definitely repurchase once I finish my current stock of cotton pads. I picked up this pack for CAD$3-4 at T&T Supermarket in Toronto.


Lierac Diopticerne Dark Circle Correcting Cream (5mL)
I used this eye cream every night for the past two and half months and there seems to be small improvements in the appearance of my dark circles. The light formula absorbs well and feels very moisturizing. I picked this up for under €15 in Paris, but the same 5mL retails for $35 in the US. Although my eye area really enjoyed this product, I would not repurchase it anytime soon due to the price tag. This is also available in a tinted version.


L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution (200mL) [Original Review Here]
This is the third bottle that I have used up and I have more back-ups ready. I am so happy that this is now available for purchase in Canada under the name Sublime Soft for CAD$10-$14. In short, this is great for removing face make-up and refreshing the skin. I would continue to use this and repurchase once I finish my remaining bottles.


Nourish Organic Hand Wash - Pure Unscented (207mL)
I have previously used up one of these hand washes in Almond Vanilla [Read Here] and I did not enjoy that at all due to the scent. I then received two of this unscented version as gifts in May and I like them much better. The slippery formula is gentle and does not dry out my hands. This hand wash is claimed to be made exclusively from fruits-, vegetables-, and plant extracts. I will use the second bottle up, but I did not enjoy it enough to purchase it for myself.


Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter (250mL)
My first experience with this body butter dates back to my trip to Paris in December 2012. I had a travel size and I liked it so much that I cut open the tube to finish up every bit of product.

I bought this full-size bottle in mid-March after going without any body lotion for two weeks when I first moved to Toronto. This formula revived my super dried out skin in just a few days. I haven't been using it daily since then because this body butter is quite thick and takes a lot of effort to massage in. I tend to use it every other day and this tube lasted three months for me.

This Soap & Glory signature Mist You Madly scent is slightly musky and would linger all day on my clothes. The packaging is quite stiff, so the process of getting product out for the final two weeks really hurt my hands. Overall, I like this body butter, but I would not repurchase it anytime soon. This 250mL retails for CAD$16.


Which products did you finish this month?

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite a fan of Nourish Organic, but I guess I'll skip the hand washes.

    I don't think I finished anything super fun this month. Just some Tresemme dry shampoo that was terrible. I did buy the super loved Batiste one though so I'll see if that's better.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that I should stay away from the Tresamme dry shampoo! I do really like their Moisture Rich shampoo and conditioner though.

      Delete