May 14, 2014

Sephora Chic Week Haul!

For the past two months, I relied on my friends' hospitality to buy me time for my apartment hunt. The Toronto apartment vacancy rate is definitely not a welcoming factor for the city.

Now that I have finally moved into my own place, I can catch up on some posts that I have been meaning to write. Today I want to share the few products that I picked up during this year's Sephora Chic Week, even though the orders for the 15% off sale were placed over a month ago.



What I got:
  • Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head Twin-Pack (Delicate)
  • Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Cream (50mL) [Review Here]
  • NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Custard (6mL) [Review Here]
  • Sephora Collection Vanity Brush Set
  • Shu Uemura POREfinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil (150mL)


I received a Clarisonic Mia 2 as a birthday gift back in December and I find the regular brush that came in the set too harsh to use on a daily basis. Hopefully these delicate brush heads would be more suitable for my skin.

My current sunscreen (the Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF 50+ Cream) hasn't been very enjoyable to use, so I wanted to get a back-up sunscreen heading into summer. Hopefully this Clinique version would feel better on my skin so that applying my daily dose of SPF wouldn't feel like such a chore.

I have heard so many good things about the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and I am always looking for a good concealer since I rarely wear foundation. I bought one in Custard based on a swatch I did in store last summer. The shade matches my skin okay for now, but I think it would look even more natural once I am a little more tanned.

Unfortunately, this Sephora Collection Vanity Brush Set is now listed as permanently out of stock, which probably means that it has been discontinued. This set comes with 6 synthetic travel-size brushes in a little snap-closure case.




[L-R]: Concealer Brush, Smudge Brush, Flat Eyeliner Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Crease Brush, and Powder Brush



These brushes feel very soft and after 2 months of brush-less make-up application, I can't wait to get back to using brushes again!


What have you bought recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment