April 6, 2014

Review: Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara (Ultra Black)

I have been using this Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara for the past 2 months and today I want to share my thoughts.



Minimizing harsh chemicals around my eyes is very appealing, so I bought this mascara, despite not being a fan of the chubby brush or the leafy green packaging.



I like the result of voluminous and glossy black lashes, although it took many coats to get there. I don't mind building layers with this mascara since the formula doesn't clump even after half a dozen coats. I can also overlook the so-so lengthening performance and its average ability to hold a curl, but I cannot ignore the smudging and flaking that inevitably starts within 2 hours from application.

While I understand that this formula is not meant to be waterproof, I wish it could be at least slightly humidity resistant like other non-waterproof mascaras. When my eyes water from the winter cold, I have to work hard to resist blinking or face smudges all around my eyes. I cannot go for spicy cuisine or hot soup when I wear this mascara for the steam would lead to extensive smudging. Essentially, this mascara only works for me for a short few hours under perfect humidity conditions.

On the bright side, the formula removes easily with water alone. Even though this mascara claims to be 100% natural origin, I am too disappointed in its performance to spend another $10 to repurchase.


Have you tried a good organic mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment