April 2, 2014

Mildred's Temple Kitchen

Brunch is a must-have for me to truly feel like the weekend has arrived. I started checking out various brunch places since arriving in Toronto and today I want to share my dining experience at Mildred's Temple Kitchen.

My party arrived near 11am on a Saturday and we waited about 15 minutes for a spot at the bar. The wait-time would double for a regular table and is even longer on Sundays.



There are only about 10 choices on the menu. We went with one Veda's Choice and a Mrs. Biederhof's Legendary Light & Fluffy Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes with a side of Crispy Rosemary Potatoes. The potatoes was a bit too heavy on the rosemary for me and the fully rosemary-infused mayo didn't help either.


Our main orders arrived in about 15 minutes. Veda's Choice is a blend of poached eggs, Bearnaise sauce and bacon on a flakey croissant. The side salad has a sweet and sour dressing that really complements the salty croissant.



The blueberry pancakes were soft and fluffy and moist and thick. The cream was just the right consistency. There was very little syrup, but one could always ask for more.



We didn't order the scones or the biscuits, but they looked amazing from our view at the bar! I definitely want to return and try them next time. The coffee was okay, but the great food and the even better service will definitely have me coming back for more.


Are you a brunch fan?


Contact Details: Mildred's Temple Kitchen
#104 - 85 Hanna Avenue, Toronto, ON

No comments:

Post a Comment