April 29, 2014

Empties: April 2014

Another month, another empties. Unfortunately, I don't think that I would be repurchasing any of the products that I finished up this month. I also tried a few sheet masks this month and my thoughts on those are available Here. Keep reading for my thoughts on the products included in this month's empties.



Bioderma Atoderm Gel Douche Gentle Shower Gel (100mL)
This soap-free shower gel cleanses well without drying out my skin and lasted just under 2 months. It has a mild fresh scent. Overall, it is a good shower gel and this size is very travel-friendly. The reason that I probably wouldn't repurchase is that I think this 100mL size is only available temporarily and I don't see myself getting through the larger sizes without being distracted by other body washes. I think this is a good choice for individuals with dry or sensitive skin and this product is paraben-free and hypoallergenic.

Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser (60mL)
I received this as a Sephora 500 IB perk [Read Here] and I will start with a disclaimer that I have normal skin and this product is intended for acne-prone skin, so my user experience is probably not the best to rely on. This cleanser has a citrus scent and a gel texture that foams up slightly. Although I find it a bit drying for my skin, I think it is one of the gentler cleansers that I have tried, despite claiming to be tough on acne. This deluxe sample lasted me just over 2 months and the full size 120mL retails for CAD$40. I would not purchase since it is not compatible with my skin type, but I am glad that I got to try it out and it is definitely a nice cleanser.

La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution (200mL)
For a micellar solution, La Roche-Posay's version was surprisingly good at removing make-up, including eye products! Although that is a bonus, I tend to only use micellar solution for face and neck while leaving the eyes to be taken care of by an oil-based make-up remover. This micellar solution is very soothing and this bottle lasted around 2 months for me. I bought this in Paris for under €9, but in Canada, it retails for almost double the price to be at a similar price point as the Bioderma Sensibio H2O [Review Here] and I would prefer to repurchase the Bioderma version.

REN Oat and Bay Conditioning Shampoo & Pro-Vitamin Conditioner (50mL x 2)
I had no idea that REN made hair care products until I came across this duo during my stay at the Thompson Hotel in Toronto. The shampoo and conditioner were very ordinary. Considering the 100mL sizes retail for $11 each, I don't think I would pay such a high price for the results. Although as always, REN products contain no sulfates, parabens, synthetics, and etc., so I wouldn't mind paying a premium if only had the products worked a little better on my hair.


What products did you finish this month?

2 comments:

  1. I finally finished my Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream this month. It lasted me a ridiculously long time. I bought another shade from them, but I just don't love it as much as the hot pink. So I'll probably rebuy that one.

    I also tried that Kate Somerville cleanser once. It was drying for me too.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hot pink Skin79 BB cream is such a classic!

      Delete