April 10, 2014

Asian Beauty Haul and First Impressions

One of the perks of having a large Asian population in the greater Toronto area is the convenient access to various brands from the Far East. Today I want to share the few products that I have picked up in the last two weeks and my first impressions on three items from the bunch.



The bought list:
  • COSMED Facial Puffs (180 count)
  • Holika Holika
    • After Night Overtime Mask Sheet
    • My Dark Stealer Goggle Eye Mask
    • Wine Therapy Sleeping Mask (5mL) - Sample
  • MISSHA Love Secret Hand Cream - Tireur (27mL) [Review Here]
  • My Beauty Diary Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask (5 pairs) [Review Here]
  • Shu Uemura POREfinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil (150mL)
  • The Face Shop
    • Herb Day Cleansing Cream - Aloe (150mL)
    • Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion (5mL) - Sample [Review Here]
    • Raspberry Roots Depuffing Eye Gel (1mL) - Sample
  • TonyMoly Panda's Dream Eye Patch (1 pair)


I already have a plentiful stock of hand creams, but I could not resist picking up this MISSHA hand cream that corresponds to my horoscope.

I have previously tried the Shu Uemura Whitefficient Clear Brightening Gentle Cleansing Oil [Review Here], and I picked up this POREfinist version during Sephora Chic Week sale. Although the brand is now part of L'Oreal Group, I am including this cleansing oil in this haul for its namesake Japanese make-up artist. I also bought a few more things during Chic Week since a 15% discount is hard to come by on non-drugstore beauty products.

My new job involves chronic work on the computer and I spend at least 9-10 hours staring at a screen. It has only been a month in, but I definitely feel the necessity of giving my eyes some extra pampering. Thus I picked up two eye masks to remedy my ever-so-prominent dark circles.

Holika Holika My Dark Stealer Goggle Eye Mask



First of all, this products is listed as Dark Circle Stealer Goggle Eye Mask and the photo has the Circle as well. This discrepancy would make me question the authenticity of the product, but I'm not going to worry since I made my purchase in a Holika Holika store.

This gel eye mask comes with very minimum serum. I find it difficult to position and even harder to stay on. I prefer masks that I can wear while doing chores, but this one would only stay on if I lean back. This mask is unscented and I left it on for 25 minutes. Aside from a slight cooling sensation, this mask didn't do much for me. It did break me out a little bit, so I will not be repurchasing. This mask retails for CAD$6 each.




TonyMoly Panda's Dream Eye Patch



This eye mask comes with two separate pieces, which means a much easier time to apply. This also has a cooling feeling and a very fresh scent. I wore it for 15 minutes and my vision felt clearer when I took it off. Or maybe it's simply because I blocked out light for the duration of the wear. I bought this for around CAD$2 and I don't like it enough to repurchase.




COSMED Facial Puffs (180 count)



Once wet, these facial puffs feel very silky on my face. I feel like I use less product when I apply cleansing water with these than with regular cotton rounds. I will continue to use these and update my thoughts soon.

Update (June 29, 2914): Updated impression in my June Empties.




Holika Holika After Night Overtime Mask Sheet



I put on this mask after a long day and instantly felt a burning sensation. I flipped the packaging around and found alcohol to be the third prime ingredient. Leaving the mask on for the suggested 15-20 minutes was mission impossible and I gave up after 2 minutes. I washed off most the serum, but I did notice that my skin felt tighter. Still, I wouldn't recommend this CAD$3 mask and now I shall start reading ingredients before purchasing.


Have you tried any of the products I picked up?


Contact Details:
Holika Holika
311A Queen Street West, Toronto

MISSHA
Pacific Mall #D38 - 4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham
The Face Shop
Toronto Eaton Center - 220 Yonge Street, Toronto

T&T Supermarket
5661 Steeles Avenue East, Scarborough

No comments:

Post a Comment