March 9, 2014

New Job, New City, Start of a New Chapter

For those who have stumbled upon this blog in its early days, then you would know that I started posting while living in the UK. Now, this Canadian girl has relocated back to Canada and it is time to get ready for a new job in Toronto.



I love to travel and I have moved time and time again for one opportunity or another. To document my travels, I have amassed over 50 postcards over the last two years. Part of my collection is from friends & family and I always make an effort to write a postcard to myself from every new place I travel to. Small details that may seem memorable at the time will not stand a chance against the constant flux of incoming information if they are not written down. I love to take the time to read these postcards occasionally and be reminded of the great time I had during my travels.

This has not been the smoothest relocation so far, but I am slowly settling down thanks to the hospitality of friends. Although I already miss my life in the UK, I am excited to explore Toronto!


Any tips for relocation?

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you are a very experienced 'relocator' in this one world! I found that relocation can be such a difficult experience in the preparation part. Once you have physically moved to a new place, I feel like the hard work is halved already! What I found useful for me had been: make friends, or reconnect with old friends if you have any. Ask them for recommendations of hang out places, whilst at the same time discover your own. I found that discovering your own exciting favourite spots, be it eating places, shopping places or parks; made me feel that I belong to the city more. And to keep an open mind about this new adventure!

    Good luck! Hope to hear more from you on your new life in Toronto. Jealous of you can be getting your hands on brands that I can't in Hong Kong.... such as Tarte, Josie Maran, Marc Jacobs, etc. etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out that a good friend is living in the same apartment that I will be moving into in a few week's time and we work within a block of each other. First week of work and first step in reconnecting with friends accomplished!

      Which products from Tarte and etc. are you most interested in trying out?

      Delete
  2. Haha I've never moved before, so I'm not sure what the do's/dont's of relocating are, but congratulations on your new job! I'm always envious of those in Montreal or Toronto because there's always some sort of beauty event or warehouse sale going! Maybe you should keep an eye out for those ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely be looking out for local events!

      Delete