March 30, 2014

Empties: March 2014

I spent quite a few days hopping from hotel to hotel earlier this month before finally settling into my current temporarily residence. Naturally, I have been going through quite a few travel size items that I want to share in this month's empties.



Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo + Conditioner (30mL x 2)
I could not recall ever having so much trouble getting my fingers through my wet hair than when using this shampoo. The mint is prominent and I can definitely feel the refreshing effect on my scalp. However, even after copious amounts of the accompanying conditioner, my hair would still feel very dry. This line of shampoo and conditioner didn't work for me and I would not purchase the full sizes for $13.50/each.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturiser (75mL)
This moisturizer has been around for over half a century as a multi-tasker that is delicate enough for baby care. I tend to use it as a night time moisturizer, but it is also advertised to be suitable as an after-shave cream, a thicker mask for that extra moisture or a soothing remedy after too much time in the sun. Apparently it can even be used as a cleanser or make-up remover! Despite the name implying a very concentrated cream, the formula is actually pretty light. With shea butter, aloe vera, and soy proteins, this cream has a herbal scent and absorbs well after patting it around for a few seconds. This formula is suitable for all skin types and is dermatological-tested. I got about 4 months out of this tube and aside from a handful of particular dry days, my face always felt moisturized. As I bought this in a duo-pack, I am glad to have another tube ready to use! A 75mL tube retails for $28.

L'Occitane Passionate Jasmine Hand Cream (30mL)
As always, I am throwing in something from my favorite hand cream brand L'Occitane. The 20% shea butter formula has always been my go-to, but this limited edition jasmine scent didn't win me over the original. I enjoyed using up this tube over 3 months, but I wouldn't purchase this scent again. The travel-size hand creams retail for $12/CAD$14.

REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk (10mL)
This creamy cleanser always left my face feeling well-hydrated even before I followed up with a facial moisturizer. This sample lasted close to 3 weeks and while I liked it, it wasn't impressive enough for me to purchase the full-size 150mL for $28/CAD$34. Besides, I already have a couple of unopened cleansers to get around to first.

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream (10mL)
This moisturizer grew on me over the 4 weeks that I got out of this sample. I initially thought my skin would react since the formula felt slightly greasy on my first application. Over the next month, my skin got used to the formula and the texture no longer bothered me. It absorbs well and I think it is a good day cream. However, I don't like it so much that I would pay the $45/CAD$54.00 for the full size 50mL.

REN Vita Mineral Active 7 Eye Gel (3mL)
This clear gel has a cooling sensation when first applied. The formula does not absorb on a continuous basis. The first time that I patted it around my eyes, I thought it would never absorb after minutes of trying to working it in. Then all of a sudden, the formula would be completely dry. As I only got about 10 uses out of this sample, I cannot comment on the reduction of puffiness and dark-circles. I did not enjoy using this eye gel, so I would not purchase the 15mL full size for $30/CAD$36.


Which products did you finish this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment