February 6, 2014

NOTD: Zoya Julie

This is my first Zoya nail polish and I bought it for one namesake reason: Julie for Julie of course. Today I want to share my thoughts on this nail polish from the Zoya Lovely collection for Spring 2013.
I probably would have bought Julie even if it was a shade that I would never wear. Luckily, I love all shades of purple!

This really takes me back to a psychology course once-upon-a-time about the name-letter effect where people gravitate toward things that share letters from their names. Something about implicit egotism...

Anyways, Julie is a pale lavender with silver micoglitter. With the more coats that I add, the stronger are the cool blue tones in the color payoff. The above manicure features 2 coats and there are slightly visible nail lines under certain lightings. I have previously worn this nail polish with 3 coats and I find Julie to be more flattering on me with fewer coats.

The formula applies smoothly and dries to a semi-metallic finish with average dry time and wear time. This Zoya Julie nail polish retails for $9.

Would you buy a product with your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment