February 28, 2014

Empties: February 2014

Despite being the shortest month out of the year, this February was full of life changes for me. As mentioned in my previous post, I am still in the middle of relocation, so today's empties post will try to be short and to the point.



Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo (311mL)
I have been using this shampoo with the conditioner from the same line for the past three months and as usual, the shampoo ran out before the conditioner. After each wash, this shampoo always makes my hair feel very light and soft with a fresh melon scent. My only problem is that the formula tends to dry out my scalp with extended use, but I may repurchase it in the future to use as a clarifying shampoo. The shampoo retails for $7-9 and is suitable for all hair types, including color treated hair.

Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original (56mL)
This facial moisturizer is one of the classic products in my skincare routine. I have gone through dozens and dozens of these over the years and I will be repurchasing eventually. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a basic moisturizing formula.

Olay Silk Whimsy Body Lotion (350mL)
While I absolutely adore the body wash from this rose-scented line [Read Here], the scent of this body lotion is a bit too strong for me. After applying it before bed, I would go out and return home the next day and there would still be a strong scent lingering on my pajamas. Aside from the overpowering scent, I do like the texture of this lotion and how quickly it absorbs into my skin. I have another bottle of this body lotion to get through, but after that, I am not repurchasing.

Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Whitefficient Clear Brightening Gentle Cleansing Oil (150mL)
I bought this cleansing oil last June [Haul Here], but I only started to use it regularly since November. At first, I used 3-4 pumps as indicated in the directions, but soon I realized that I only needed 1-2 pumps to remove every trace of makeup. I usually massage the oil around for a minute before wetting the face to emulsify the oil and rinsing off. The scent is a soft floral and the oil washes off without too much of a greasy residue. I don't find this cleansing oil to be any more brightening than other ones that I have tried and at £30 for 150mL, I would not repurchase even though it performs amazingly as a makeup remover. This cleansing oil claims to be suitable for all skin types, non-comedogenic, and ophthalmologically-, dermatologically-, and allergy-tested.


Which products did you finish this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment