January 20, 2014

Review: Neal's Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream

Neal's Yard Remedies is a brand born on its namesake street in London Covent Garden. Today I want to share my thoughts on the first product that I tried from the brand: the Bee Lovely Hand Cream.


This formula with moisturizing honey and uplifting orange essential oil applies with a strong chocolate citrus scent that softens to a pleasant milder mix after 15-20 minutes. Although the consistency isn't too thick, the formula takes more than 5 minutes to absorb as I massage it onto my hands.

As a result, I only apply this hand cream when I can be idle for at least 10 minutes. When I do find time to use it, this hand cream creates a very pampering experience and the formula makes my hands silky soft every time.
The formula is gentle enough for 3+ year-old and does not contain GM, parabens, silicons, mineral oils, synthetic fragrance, nor color.

Unfortunately the twist-off cap broke during my first week of use, meaning I could only store it properly upright. However surprisingly, the formula did not gather and dry out around the rim in the months since.
This 50mL hand cream retails for £10 and Neal's Yard donates £10 000 every year to projects to Help Save the Bees. I would not repurchase since I prefer fast-absorbing hand creams that I could apply and then immediately move on to other things.


Have you tried anything from Neal's Yard?

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried that brand, but the combination of citrus and chocolate sounds very appealing.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the scent, I just don't have the patience to wait for it to absorb!

      Delete