January 31, 2014

Empties: January 2014

Happy lunar new year and get ready for the year of the horse! As it is the end of another month, it is time for another empties post!



Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel (15mL)
After using this eye contour gel daily for just over 5 months, I don't find it to be effective for the advertised anti-puffiness claims. However, I think this hydrating scentless formula is a great choice for individuals in their early twenties as a preventative measure. This light formula absorbs quickly and I really enjoyed using up this squeeze tube. This eye contour gel retails for £14 and I have already bought a back-up while in Paris [Haul Here]. I am happy to use this until I develop more specific eye area concerns.

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover (50mL)
This is one of my favorite makeup removers and I went through this travel size on three trips, adding up to about 2 weeks in duration. The formula removes everything and rinses off without too much of a greasy residue. I already have another travel size ready for my next trip.

Embryolisse Micellar Lotion (250mL)
I have never had much luck with removing makeup with cleansing water, but the result of this micellar solution is actually quite close to the claims. While I still prefer to use a separate eye makeup remover, it is reassuring that I can rely on this solution to get rid of most of my makeup in a pinch. The solution has a herbal scent, is suitable for all skin types, and is gentle on the skin. I went through this 250mL bottle in about a month and half and it retails for $23/€11.90. I don't think I would repurchase since I prefer the L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution [Review Here] or the Bioderma Sensibio H2O [Review Here].

Glamglow Youthmud Tnglexfoliate Treatment (7mL) [Original Review Here]
With slightly thicker layers, I got two uses out of this tube. I still get great results and thankfully I have a few more of these mini tubes that I traded in my Sephora BI points for.

Nourish Organic Hand Wash - Almond Vanilla (207mL)
The slippery formula cleanses well, but this particular almond scent is not my cup of tea. This 207mL bottle retails for $6-8 and I would not repurchase.

Olay 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths – Normal (33 count)
I started using these facial clothes many years ago and these are usually what I pack as my cleanser when I travel. It lathers well, feels gentle on the skin, and removes any residual makeup that my makeup remover misses. Its disposable nature also means one less thing to pack on my return lag. I also enjoy the fresh scent and I would like to repurchase. Sadly, this 2-in-1 version has been replaced by a 4-in-1 version, which retails for $6-7. I will eventually give the new version a try and hope that it would be as good as the original.

Rituals Rice Scrub (150mL)
I bought this body scrub for the luxurious scent while in Amsterdam [Haul Here] and I have been using it once a week since. The fine microbeads leave my skin very soft and I can't get over how amazing this body scrub smells! This 150mL retails for £10/€10 and lasted about 12 uses. Even though body scrubs are not something that I consider a necessity in my routine, I definitely want to repurchase this one.


Which products did you finish this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment