December 17, 2013

Review: Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm

When I read that the effectiveness of the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm was tested under the extreme Canadian cold, I was more than intrigued. As a Canadian girl who has endured many winters in the country, I vouch for the terrible things that would happen to my lips every winter. I finally picked it up while I was in Paris in early November, and today I want to share my thoughts on this amazing lip balm!




This lip balm has a thick texture, so I reserve it for the evenings to give the formula more time to absorb. Whenever I feel like my lips could use that bit of extra nourishment, I would put a layer on before bed and wake up with super smooth lips the next morning!

With humidity dipping below 40% along with heavy snow and low temperatures, I am convinced of the reliability of this lip balm. No matter how dry and chapped my lips were the night before, this lip balm will work its magic during the night, guaranteed!

While the texture is thick, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips. That means it won't get all over the sheets if you use it as a night treatment. As the name Rêve de Miel suggests, this lip balm has a lemon honey scent and applies with a matte finish. It is paraben-free and non-comedogenic.

After using this lip balm 2-3 times a week for the past 6-7 weeks, I am completely sold. This is a lip balm that delivers with consistent results and I highly recommend it!

The Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm retails for £9.50/$19 USD for 15g. I bought mine in Paris for under €7, the benefits of buying French brands in its home country!

What is your go-to lip balm?

No comments:

Post a Comment