December 23, 2013

Review: KIKO Kiss Balms x 2 (Blackberry & Tutti Frutti)

This is my first post featuring products from the Italian makeup brand KIKO and today I want to share my brief thoughts on the two shades of KIKO Kiss Balms that I own. I will start with the shade that I have been wearing a lot in the past month, 06 Blackberry.



Blackberry is a gorgeous purple mauve color. This lip balm applies with a vanilla blackberry scent and is sheer enough to make the shade very wearable and, in my opinion, universally flattering. Although the bullet doesn't feel extraordinarily soft, the product just melts onto my lips when I apply. Thus for the first 10-15 minutes, the formula feels quite slippery on the lips. The color and its glossy finish wears off after 2-3 hours, leaving my lips in similar conditions as before I applied. I don't think this lip balm has any moisturizing benefits for me, but I like it as a hint of color with SPF 15.


Tutti Frutti is the first of the two shades that I picked up back in August. Despite the identical design, the coral packaging is not nearly as appealing to me as the blackberry version. While the shade wears beautifully and is especially suitable for summer, I don't like the scent associated with this color. Thus even when I want something with SPF, I don't reach for this tube of lip balm.


Overall, I like the KIKO Kiss Balm line, but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement in the formula. The colorful packaging allows easy identification of the shade contained within. There are 7 shades available and each color has a distinct scent corresponding to the name. These retail for £5.90 each and I would be open to picking up more if KIKO expands the shade range.


Have you tried anything from KIKO?

No comments:

Post a Comment