December 20, 2013

Review: Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette (Neutral Territory 2)

I picked up this Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette in Neutral Territory 2 during the Sephora $20 off $50 purchase [Read Here]. After playing with it for the past week, I want to share my thoughts today. Although I would be more comfortable with writing a review after extensive use, I want to provide a reference as this palette is a limited edition product.


[L-R]: 1A Sugar Cane, Light shade of diamonds and pearls duo, Light shade of neutral territory duo, Light shade of day into date duo, Brown shade of polar blue quad, 23 Hazy, 02 Black Honey, and Dark brown shade of morning java quad

This palette has 8 neutral eyeshadows in a selection of finishes. Aside from the first three shades, the rest lean towards the warm end of the spectrum with strong hints of plum.

None of the shades are exclusive to this palette and can be found in other eyeshadow singles, duos, or quads. Besides the limited edition Diamonds and Pearls Duo and the discontinued Polar Blue Quad, all other shades can be found in the permanent line.

Aside from the glittery Sugar Cane and shimmery Hazy and Black Honey, the rest of the shades look matte in the pan. However, once applied, what looked matte in the pan actually creates a soft satin finish on the eyes. They reflect light in such a natural way that really complements any look.

Swatched from bottom to top...



Swatched in reverse order...



The shades differ in pigmentation, with some of the darker shades quite lacking in payoff. Sometimes I need to go back to the pan 2-3 times and layer the pigment to achieve the color payoff that I want. If you don't mind taking the time with your eye makeup, these eyeshadows build and blend smoothly even without the use of a fluffy brush. I don't have any problems with fallouts with the exception of Sugar Cane, which works amazing for highlighting the inner corners or patting a bit on the center of the lids to add that extra dimension.

Without a primer, the eyeshadows in this palette average about 5 hours before fading. At this point, I must emphasize how well these eyeshadows wear, the color fades without smudging or excessive creasing. By the end of 10 hours, my eye makeup just looks like I took a lighter hand with my application. Of course there is a bit of creasing, with lighter shades more prone than the darker ones, but there is no risk of that vivid crease line.

I love the compact packaging, even if my finger prints already created a personalized pattern all over the surface. The entire palette measures about 4.7" x 1.9" with a net weight of 0.41oz. The formula is allergy-tested, 100% fragrance free, and ophthalmologist-tested.



Overall, I think this is a sophisticated neutral palette that is suitable for both day and night. While none of the shades are exceptional, I think the color selection is well curated to complement each other. After getting over the initial disappointment with the pigmentation, I have grown to really like this palette. The smooth texture, the effortless blending, and the quality of wear really turned my opinion around. This limited edition palette is available for $36.


What do you think of Clinique eyeshadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment