December 5, 2013

Review: Bourjois Liner Feutre (Ultra Black)

Despite already having a liquid eyeliner favorite in the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner [Review Here and Here], I am always on the lookout for a less expansive alternative. I picked up this Bourjois Liner Feutre in Ultra Black over the summer and today I want to share my thoughts.



For the first 2-3 attempts, the color payoff was very diluted. While the pigmentation did improve after a few uses, the color just never achieves that intense black that I expected from the Ultra Black name.

After lining one eye, the felt tip would run out of ink to complete the other. To avoid the dramatic unevenness in color payoff, I find it necessary to close the cap and wait before working on the other eye.

Within two hours, the product would pool all around my eyes. Since the eyeliner washes off easily, watery eyes instantly worsen the smudging. I have only used this eyeliner half a dozen times since opening the packaging two months ago and the pen is already nearing its dry end.

This eyeliner retails for £6.99 and I certainly would never repurchase. Between the disappointment of this eyeliner and the Bourjois Intuitive Liner [Review Here], I am discouraged from picking up another Bourjois eyeliner in the near future.

Have you tried any eyeliners from Bourjois? Is there one that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment