December 14, 2013

In the Mail: Sephora Haul and Thoughts

I couldn't pass on the Sephora VIB $20 off $50 purchase offer, so today I want to share the items that just came in the mail from my order!


My order:
  • Bliss Lid+Lash Wash Makeup Remover (110mL) [Review Here]
  • Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette - Limited Edition Nudes Neutral Territory 2 (0.41oz) [Review Here]
  • Kate Somerville 3 Steps to Flawless - 500 BI Points:
    • Detox Daily Cleanser (60mL) [Review Here]
    • ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (7.5mL)
    • Oil Free Moisturizer (15mL) [Review Here]
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Make Up Roll - GWP
  • CLEAN First Blush Eau de Toilette - Sample (1mL)
  • Narciso Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette - Sample (1mL)
  • NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - Sample (0.01oz) [Review Here]

After seeing some promos of the Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette (Limited Edition Nudes Neutral Territory 2), I went into my local Clinique counter to find this palette sold out. Even the tester was missing! After some encouragement from the beauty consultant at the counter, I couldn't resist placing an order that night.


The entire palette fits across the span of my hand and contains a selection of warm neutrals. With my purchase, I also received a Clinique Chubby Stick Make Up Roll that measures 10" x 6.75". I think it would be convenient to have around to store any stick products or brushes. Better photos and review coming soon!

I picked up the Bliss Lid+Lash Wash Makeup Remover to reach the $50 mark for free shipping. I remember my friend EL buying a bottle of this 4-5 years ago, so I am curious to try how this gel works for removing makeup.

I traded in 500 BI points for this Kate Somerville 3 Steps to Flawless set with a total value of $46.12:
  • Detox Daily Cleanser - 60mL (full size 120mL for $32) - value: $16
  • ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment - 7.5mL (full size 15mL for $22) - value: $11
  • Oil Free Moisturizer - 15mL (full size ~50mL for $65) - value: $19.12



I have heard amazing things about the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, so I got the kit mainly to try it. I just wish the products within weren't so dusty when I took them out of the box.


I also want to include three other things that I recently picked up from Sephora:
  • Benefit Real Birthday Turn-ons!
  • Fresh Gift Card Holder
  • Stila Artful Eye Collector's Edition Vol. I


As December is my birthday month, one of the first gifts that I received this year was the Benefit Real Birthday Turn-ons! set. This complimentary set includes minis of the They're Real! (0.1oz) and Watt's Up! (0.08oz).

They're Real! is one of my favorite mascaras and I have gone through 2-3 of simiarly mini tubes (those 0.14oz retail for $10). I am glad to have another back-up, although the symmetric packaging was not what I expected.


Watt's Up! is a champagne highlighter with subtle shimmers. The formula is perfect for gliding on under my brows and then blended out with my fingers.


Remember my deal alert for a $5 Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil [Read Here]? Here is another $5 gift card holder from Sephora with a Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 (2.2g). This mini is about half of the full size, making it around an $11 value. This is available for purchase online (as well as in stores) and you do not have to purchase a gift card to complete the transaction.


I bought this $10 Stila Artful Eye Collector's Edition Vol. I in store and I have never seen it online. Although this palette may be sold out, I am including some swatches and brief thoughts in this post in case you are debating a purchase.



[L-R]: Oasis, Glee, Starlight, Shell, and Grace



To me, this palette looks like it was set up as two curated looks with golden tones on the right and pink tones on the left. The Starlight shade in the middle is that perfect matte all-over-lid color. The two shades on the right have the best payoffs, but the texture of all the shades are good.

I haven't worn this palette enough to give a more extended review, but I have a good overall impression and I am happy with this purchase. With the exception of Glee, I believe the other four shades are all available as single eyeshadows. The pans in the palette are 60% of the size of the eyeshadow singles, making it a great deal at $10 (a $54 value).

Finally, Sephora is offering an extra 20% off sale items online with the code Extra20 between December 25th-January 1st.

What have you picked up recently?

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try out that Clinique palette! Great post!

    Emily | PENNY RUGBURN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The more I use this Clinique palette, the more I love it!

      Delete