November 8, 2013

Travel Haul!

Earlier this week, I returned from a 10 days trip from London --> Brussels --> Amsterdam --> Paris. As I wanted to travel light, I didn't bring my laptop on this journey. Unfortunately I got caught in a downpour on my first day in Paris and have not been feeling well since. Luckily I am well on my recovery and today I want to start off my travel posts with some shopping goodies.

Let's start backwards with Paris where I went a little overboard in the French pharmacies.


  • Bioderma Crealine H2O Solution Micellaire Duo Pack (500mL x 2)
  • Bioderma Crealine Yeux Gel-Creme Contour Dex Yeux (15mL)
  • Caudalie Eau Micellaire Demaquillante (400mL) [Review Here]
  • Caudalie Lip Conditioner Trio Pack (0.14oz x 3) [Review Here]
  • Caudalie Premieres Vendanges Moisturizing Cream (40mL x 2) [Review Here]
  • Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturizer Duo Pack (75mL x 2) [Review Here]
  • Embryolisse Micellar Lotion (250mL) [Review Here]
  • Klorane Shampoo with Oat Milk (400mL) [Review Here]
  • Klorane Conditioner with Oat Milk (150mL) [Review Here]
  • La Roche-Posay Solution Micellaire Physiologique (200mL) [Review Here]
  • Lierac Diopticerne Dark Circle Correcting Cream Eye Contour (0.18oz) [Review Here]
  • Lierac Dioptigel Puffiness Reducing Gel Eye Contour (0.35oz)
  • Nuxe Contour des Yeux Prodigieux Anti-Fatigue Moisturizing Eye Cream (15mL)
  • Nuxe Gentle Exfoliating Gel (75mL) [Review Here]
  • Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm (0.52oz x 2) [Review Here]
  • Phyto Phytoneutre Clarifying Detox Shampoo (125mL)
  • Phyto Phytobaume Hydration Express Conditioner (150mL)

I find that some labels are different due to language differences and there may be subtle variations in the formulation (for example, Bioderma Crealine vs Bioderma Sensibio versions that I previously purchased in London). I will update once I try them out and whether I sense any differences in the results.

I was surprised at how low the retail prices are for the same brands and products in France. 25% off UK or US prices are almost guaranteed while higher discounts of 50%-75% are also very likely. It is definitely worth the time to do some research and make a list of products with your local retail prices before heading into the pharmacies. There are also beauty consultants speaking an array of languages available to help if you are not comfortable with the French labels.

After Brussels, I went for a day trip to Bruges and also stopped by Antwerp on my way to Amsterdam. Together, I picked up several make-up products by Yves Rocher and by Catrice.


  • Catrice Kohl Kajal - 010 Ultra Black (0.03oz) [Review Here]
  • Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm - 030 Don't Think Just Pink (0.08oz) [Review Here]
  • Catrice Thrilling ME Softly Absolute Eye Colour Trio - C01 Soft Thrill (0.17oz) [Review Here]
  • Catrice Thrilling Me Softly Absolute Eye Colour Trio - C02 Gentle Thrill (0.17oz) [Review Here]
  • Catrice Thrilling ME Softly Wet Shine Stain Long-Lasting Lip Lacquer - C01 Innocent (4mL) [Review Here]
  • Yves Rocher Beauty Mascara - 81 Noir (6.5mL) [Review Here]
  • Yves Rocher Kohl - 81 Noir (0.046oz)

In Amsterdam, I only bought a Rituals Rice Scrub (150mL) [Review Here] that I have been eyeing since in London.

Of course, some of the above products are for friends and family. Other goodies such as Belgian chocolates and souvenirs made up the rest of my luggage. Luckily I brought an extra tote bag with me, so I didn't have any trouble bring all the purchases back.

Stay tuned for bits and pieces from this travel trip!

Which products would you be most interested to try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment