November 17, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio (Silent Treatment)

Given how affordable Wet n Wild is as a drugstore brand, I have no idea why I have not tried any products from the brand until this Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment. Today I want to share my thoughts on this beautiful neutral palette.




While the above swatches were not done in the greatest lighting, it shows the color payoffs under artificial light. The texture may appear a little chalky on my arm, but these eyeshadows apply very smoothly onto the eyelids. While the color payoff is buildable, it is not pigmented enough to achieve the pan-color, especially once I blend everything out. However, as I use this trio to enhance a natural look, the blended result is very flattering against my brown eyes. At a $3 price-tag, the 6 hours of crease-less, primer-less wear-time is also very impressive.

I like to use the BROWBONE (satin peachy pink) shade all over the lid, add a bit of the EYELID shade (mauve taupe) in the outer corners and then finish with the CREASE (gilded deep brown) shade where intended. The EYELID shade is not as densely packed as the two shades above it, resulting in some crumbling when I take a brush to it. As a result, EYELID has the most fallout out of the three shades and I find it absolutely necessary to tap off the brush whenever I use it. The other two shades don't require this added step and apply smoothly with minimum fallout.

The minimal packaging is compact and functional, but I occasionally experience difficulty in popping open the palette. For less than $3 USD, I would recommend this eyeshadow trio to anyone who find the shades appealing. I would definitely be picking up more Wet n Wild eyeshadows.

Have you tried these eyeshadow trios? Which shades do you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this little trio. The eyelid and browbone colours are especially pretty.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete