November 24, 2013

Review: Stila Holiday Essentials Kit

I recently picked up this Stila Holiday Essentials Kit because my love for the included Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner guaranteed that at least one of the three products would work for me. Today I want to share my thoughts on the two other products and why I think this set is a great buy.



This $19 set comes with three product minis with a total value of $26.10:
  • Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (Intense Black) - 0.01oz (full size 0.016 oz for $20) - value: $12.50
  • Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (Beso) - 0.03oz (full size 0.10 oz for $22) - value: $6.60
  • Eye Shadow (Kitten) - 0.035oz (full size 0.09 oz for $18) - value: $7



Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (Intense Black) [Original Review Here]

I have had my full-size since May this year and 6 months later, the color payoff and lasting power are as good as new. The formula has not dried up and the eyeliner applies just as smoothly. I am glad to have a back-up since I should get rid of mine soon, despite its perfect performance.


Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (Beso)



Beso is an extremely pigmented liquid lipstick in a classic fiery red. The warm orange undertones really pop under direct sunlight. The formula has a sweet vanilla scent that quickly fades once it dries to a non-sticky matte finish. Precision is absolutely necessary since the color does not budge once the formula is dry.

When I blotted minutes after application, the tissue came off quite clean save for a few pink specks. The formula stayed put as I worked through a pot of tea, but it did not survive unscathed when I decided on soup for lunch. Despite wearing off slightly on my utensils, at the end of the promised 6-hours, the color was still bold and looked clean from afar. Closer-up, there were slight pigment fallouts and gradient patches, but the formula did not dry out my lips.

This liquid lipstick comes with a rather flat doe-foot applicator and the tip is very loaded with product when first drawn out from the tube. I find it easiest to apply the lipstick to the center of my lips and then contour the edges. I will save this liquid lipstick for special occasions since it stands up well to food and drink with no discernible taste of its own.


Eye Shadow (Kitten)



Kitten is a beautiful shimmery rosy-champagne eyeshadow that really catches the light. Even though this eyeshadow is designed to be applied wet or dry, I find application with a dry brush to be sufficient in achieving the color intensity of the pan. The color applies so smoothly and blends like a dream.

Without a primer, this eyeshadow lasts about 5 hours on me before creasing and then hangs on for 2-3 hours more before the color dramatically fades. Overall, I like the color and the formula, so there is potential for a lot of uses out of this eyeshadow. I just wish there is a little less fallout.


I like all three products in this set and I am glad to have made the purchase. If you are thinking about trying out the Beso liquid lipstick and the Kitten eyeshadow, Sephora is also currently offering a 500 points Best of Stila Collection that includes them along with three other products. The products sizes in this point perk are identical to the ones in this Holiday Essentials Kit.


What are your thoughts on the products included in this set?

No comments:

Post a Comment