November 30, 2013

Empties: November 2013

It is the last day of the month, so it is time for another empties post! Today I want to share my updated impression on the below products and whether I would repurchase.



Caress Daily Silk White Peach & Silky Orange Blossom Silkening Body Wash (532mL)
Three silk-rooted words in the title, what a mouthful! I finished this bottle in 3 months and loved every moment of using it. While the cleansing power isn't particularly special, this body wash has a beautiful scent. It is too bad that the scent does not last very long after stepping out of the shower. At under $3, it is a great value that I would purchase again.

Coté Mer Organic Olive Oil Liquid Hand Soap - Mandarin (547mL)
This hand soap was a gift and I absolutely adore the light citrus scent. The bottle says it was manufactured and distributed by Olivia Care, but I could not find this particular item on the website. I am also a little confused to why it says Product of France when it is manufactured in Los Angeles. The bottle also claims this hand soap to be hypo-allergenic and cruelty-free with no added coloring. Anyways, I hope this product is not discontinued because I would love to get my hands on another bottle.

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment [Original Review Here]
This is my second tube of the rose and my 4th tube of the Fresh lip treatments overall. The color is quite sheer and I frequently apply without a mirror. The SPF 15 is also a nice touch. It is my absolute favorite tinted lip balm and I would purchase again. Luckily I already have a back-up from my Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set.

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo (250mL)
This shampoo is intended for normal to dry hair and I have been using it in conjunction with the conditioner from the same line. The shampoo is supposed to be gentle enough for daily wash, but the excess build-up after 2-3 cycles is beyond what I can tolerate. It simply weighs down my hair too much. This shampoo is made with 100% vegetarian ingredients with no animal testing and is paraben-free with no lauryl/laureth sulfate or added dyes. There is nothing particular about the scent and this bottle lasted just over 2 months. Overall, I did not enjoy using this shampoo and I would not repurchase.

Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturiser (25mL x 2)
I finished two of this sample size body lotion while I was traveling earlier this month. I am not fond of the scent, but the lotion absorbs well and kept my skin well-moisturized throughout my two-weeks on the road. I would not purchase the full-size.

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream (30mL) [Original Review Here]
I started using hand cream since May and this tube lasted me until earlier this month as I tend to skip on hand cream during the warmer months. I really like the scent and the formula absorbs super quickly. I am currently using the brand's limited edition Shea Butter Passionate Jasmine Hand Cream, which has a thicker formula.

Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo + Conditioner (60mL x 2)
These two travel sizes lasted about a dozen washes on my shoulder-length hair. At $10 each, the cost per wash at just under $2 is a bit steep. While the pair does tame the frizzes in my wavy hair, they do not perform so extraordinarily for me to run out and purchase the full sizes. I wish they were just a bit more hydrating. This line has a citrus scent and is suitable for all hair types, including color-treated hair. The shampoo is sulfate-free. I like the pair, but I don't love them.

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water (100mL)
I initially intended to pick up the full size while I was in Munich [Read Here], however as I flew from London with only a backpack, I was limited to this travel size to comply with airline liquid restrictions. Now that I have finished this trial size, I am glad I didn't purchase the full-size. I like the rose scent, but I feel like this micellar water does not do anything more than do water soaked on cotton rounds. The solution has a yellowish tint, which makes the cotton rounds look dirty before I even attempt to take any make-up off. This cleansing water is okay for removing lip products, but it is no match for stubborn eye or cheek products. This 100mL lasted just under a month and I don't think I would purchase this micellar water again.

What did you finish this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment