October 1, 2013

Review: Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks x 3

I debated about purchasing these Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks for months before picking it up in three shades. I initially resisted the purchase because I found the product name to be quite rude. I gave in to my curiosity when these gloss sticks went on sale for £5 in mid-August.



Swatched from left to right: Bashful, Nudist, and Fuchsia Ristic



Living up to the name, these gloss sticks are super glossy. Although the sheer color payoffs are limited in building pigmentation, all three colors do look distinguishably different on my lips. The shine wears off after an hour for me, but the color stains for another 4-5 hours. I like the appearance of smooth lips that these gloss sticks give me even on days when my lips are a little chapped. The formula is light and the vanilla scent is absolutely delicious.

While Fuchsia Ristic looks almost orange in the bullet, it applies to a beautiful bright coral. Bashful and Nudist are more neutral shades that I alternate between depending on my mood. Bashful with its pink tint is more suitable for a youthful look while the more beige Nudist could adapt the same outfit to look a bit more mature.

These gloss sticks retail for £8 and I would repurchase.

Update (December 31, 2013): Review of the shade Plum Jam in my 2013 Beauty Favorites.

Have you tried these gloss sticks?

2 comments:

  1. I love this, too! http://beautyorbread.blogspot.hk/2013/07/lippy-edit-2-soap-glory-sexy-mother.html
    Have you tried other chubby sticks? I kept hearing good things about the one by Bourjois, since I have way too many lip products; I talked myself out of buying more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried 4 of the Bourjois lip crayons and I do reach for them regularly. Sometimes the product moves around and then settle into patches. Luckily the resulting unevenness is only noticeable in a super close-up. My pick would be "Fuschia Libre" and the SPF is an added bonus.

      I also have 6 of the MUA Power Pouts and I think these are definitely value for the money. Great pigmentation and feels lightweight on the lips. However, the actual bullet is very soft and melts easily. The packaging is faulty as the cap comes off easily. Although I love "Irreplaceable", I don't get enough use out of it since I refuse to risk a mess in my bag.

      Although not exactly in the chubby category, I also really like NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils. I picked up "New Lover" at IMATS and it has been love ever since. I am even willing to tolerate the sharpening process.

      Overall, I find S&G to have the most even coverage out of the drugstore alternatives. I am also a bit curious about the new releases from Rimmel.

      Delete