October 19, 2013

Empties: October 2013

As I am returning to the UK this weekend, today I want to share my final thoughts on the products that I finished this month while visiting the US.



Chloe Eau de Parfum (1.2mL)
This scent lingers on and on throughout the day and really grew on me the more I wore it. The scent can come off as a bit powdery, but it definitely leans towards the sophisticated side. I would be interested in owning the full-size bottle.

Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil (15mL)
I usually massage this cleansing oil in before adding water and rinsing off. Thus the liquid does sometimes end up in my eyes, and in its undiluted form, this cleansing oil can cause some serious stinging. It is suitable for all skin types, and I find it does do a good job removing make-up. I got about 10 uses out of this little sample and I would not purchase the full-size since I don't want to risk more irritation of my eyes.

Face Secrets Premium/Regular Cotton Rounds (80 count x 2)
I usually don't include cotton rounds in my empties despite going through a pack at least once every couple of weeks. I tried both the Regular and Premium versions, and the Regular version is simply awful. It comes apart with liquid, leaving lint all over my face. The Premium ones are average, and I don't plan to repurchase any cotton rounds from this brand again.

Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (7mL) [Original Review Here]
I got two uses out of this sample and another try of the mask from a mini-jar. Honestly, this mask is fantastic for drawing out the impurities in my skin, specifically around my nose and cheek areas. It stings a little when first applied, but that sensation disappears once the mask starts to dry. I use only a thin layer and the mask already works wonderfully. I would purchase the full-size in the near future.

Harajuku Lovers Baby Eau de Toilette Spray (30mL)
I received this bottle of Harajuku Lovers Baby Eau de Toilette Spray around 3 years ago and I used it regularly for a year before leaving it aside for an occasional spray. This scent is sweet and powdery and is probably most suitable for younger women. It does remind me of baby powder, hence the fitting name. I find the scent to be flat and very limited in lasting power. The packaging is cute, and I am tempted to keep the empty bottle to accompany my very full bottle of Music from the same line (also a gift). Ultimately, the scent is not exceptional for me and I would not purchase this fragrance for myself.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution (200mL) [Original Review Here]
The more I use this, the more I love it. I go through a bottle in 6-7 weeks and this is already my second bottle. I will repurchase as soon as I return to the UK!

No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Cream (10mL)
I really enjoyed using this day cream over the month that it lasted. It absorbs quickly, is non-greasy, and has a pleasant scent. Plus this cream contains SPF 15, 5*UVA, and is hypoallergenic. I had full intention of purchasing the full-size until I looked it up to find that it is targeted at a more mature audience to improve deep lines and wrinkles. Thus I won't give it another go for decades to come. Another reason to always research products before use!

Soap & Glory Hand Food (50mL)
The scent is very strong and very sweet, but I soon got used to it. While it satisfies the two main points of my hand-cream criteria (moisturizing and non-greasy), I am on the fence regarding repurchase.

Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Lys Sensual Body Mist (115mL)
I think this is the first bottle of fragrance that I have ever owned. I was gifted with this bottle almost a decade ago and the scent has not altered much throughout the years. This is a light floral that lasts only a few hours on me. I am very sad to have finished my bottle, as this line has been discontinued. If it was still available, I would purchase it for myself.

What did you finish this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment