September 24, 2013

NOTD: OPI Need Sunglasses?

I have always stayed clear of yellow nail polishes since I assumed that the shade would be unflattering against my yellow skintone. About a year and half ago, one of my friends gifted me with a dozen OPI nail polishes, including Need Sunglasses?. I didn't give it a chance until I pulled it out this month. Today I want to share my impression on this wonderful yellow nail polish.


The actual color is more of a mustard-yellow than the neon that the photos capture. This nail polish works surprisingly well as a transition color between summer and fall, especially against what remains of my summer tan. It is different from the traditional fall shades, but it still complements the darker clothing that I have started to wear.

As usual for bright colors, the formula is not very pigmented. I would definitely recommend a white base. I applied one layer of China Glaze White on White, two layers of the color, and finally topped with Color Club 0-60 Speedy Top Coat (which is one of the shiniest top coat that I have ever used). The wear time is average with tip wear after roughly 3 days.

Do you have a favorite yellow nail polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment