September 21, 2013

DIY: Ring Tray

Rings have always been my favorite jewelry pieces to wear. I have bought (and tossed out) many rings over the years and I usually keep them individually sealed in plastic bags to prevent tarnish. As my collection grew, I began to neglect and forget about the older pieces that I have acquired years ago. I haven't come across an affordable ring tray that fits my needs, so I decided to make my own until I find the perfect one. This ring tray is intended to store my current fashion jewelry selections, I keep the finer pieces in their original packaging.



I only used scrap materials from past projects to make this ring tray. If you are interested in some references for a similar project, do keep reading.

Materials:
  • Clear Case
  • Foam Sheet
  • Fabric
  • Tape
Misc.:
  • Scissors
  • Measuring Tape/Ruler
  • Pencil/Pen


I used the case from a box of finished Ferrero Rocher and some 1/2" thick foam sheets. I chose to use some pleather scraps over cotton since its surface can be easily wiped clean.

I marked and trimmed the foam sheet into 1" strips that span across the length of the box. In hindsight, I should have taken into account the extra width once the fabric pieces are inserted. So I recommend making appropriate adjustment for the fabric.



Cut the pleather into the length of the foam strips and measure sufficient width in order to tape wrap around the strips.



Replace all the wrapped strips back into the case. For a more polished look, insert a black panel at the bottom to avoid hollow gaps once the rings are inserted.

How do you store your jewelry?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great little project!!! I'd never thought about making my own ring tray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do make one, please share your finished product!

      Delete