August 10, 2013

UK Vacation Haul!

I have just returned from my two-weeks vacation around the UK (London --> Leeds --> York --> Edinburgh --> Liverpool --> Manchester --> Birmingham --> Cambridge --> Bath --> Brighton --> London). Today I want to share some of the fashion/beauty goodies I brought back with me.

My travel companion flew in from Canada and brought a box of Godiva Canadian Souvenir chocolates to get through our many train rides. I don't recall coming across a maple syrup flavor in the box, so that is a little disappointing.


While waiting for York Minster to open, I spent some time touring around the Shambles. I picked up a few things from the Yorkshire Soap Co.. The shop interior is as gorgeous as the products, just look at those cake soap slices (click to enlarge photos)!


For a total of £8, I picked up 4 things. The Bath Truffle in Yorkshire Rose and a Yorkshire Rose Soap Slice are both made by the Yorkshire Soap Co.. The store also carried other branded products. I have already used the Bomb Cosmetics Bath Blaster in Vintage Rosehip and Darling Buds and they are amazing!



Of course, I could not go up to Edinburgh without bringing back some cashmere scarves. For £65, I picked out these two Johnstons of Elgin 100% cashmere scarves for my parents.



Next up are three fashion items I picked up in the next three cities I passed through:
  • At Liverpool One, I picked up an Oasis Wrap Front Fitted Top. I adore the sheer wrap over the attached white top. This shopping complex has over 160 shops, but few directory maps to guide shoppers around the nonlinear structure. I kept getting lost, which made the experience a little overwhelming.
  • In Manchester House of Fraser, I picked up a pair of Dune Garrison Ankle Strap Knot Front Wedge Sandal in Tan-Leather.
  • I first saw the Forever 21 Watercolor Midi Dress in the Birmingham Bullring, unfortunately it wasn't available in my size. This is the first time that a dress made such a strong impression that I placed an online order that very night. I simply adore the print and I was very happy to see this dress waiting in my mailbox when I got home.


While waiting for my train to Bath, I bought this set of 4 rings from Accessorize in London Paddington for £9. The pastel bow ring was the one that drew me in to make the purchase, but I have been wearing the two with the lock & key and the heart much more often. When I stack these two rings together, I feel there is a bit of symbolism along the lines of keeping a heart under lock and key.



Finally, some shopping in London! A dress (gift) from Juicy Couture, a Mulberry Credit Card Slip Soft Spongy in Candy Pink, and of course some make-up and skincare!

I love coral lip products, thus the Bobbi Brown Lip gloss in Cabana Coral is a great find. The Estee Lauder Signature Silky Powder Blush in Peach Nuance was too pretty to pass up. Bioderma Sensibio H2O has worked well for me, so I wanted to try the Eye Contour Gel [Review Here] from the range.



To round things up, my friend picked out some face masks for me on a recent trip to China.



The majority of these sheet masks are still in Toronto, but I did receive the below selection to try out while I am in the UK.



I will be taking a short trip to Munich in two days and I hope to share more of my travel experiences once I get back.

What are some of your recent purchases? Where did you vacation to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment