August 20, 2013

Review: Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream

To round up my posts on Munich, today I want to feature a product from a German brand, the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream. I bought my tube on the first of June (no idea why I remember the date so clearly, or why I also recall sipping on a Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino while paying for my purchase) on a whim. This cleanser is a blend of herbal extracts and does not resemble what I traditionally expect from a cream. I have been using this product for the past two months, and with 2-3 uses remaining, I want to share my thoughts.



When using this cleanser, please resist the temptation to scrub! I usually squeeze out about half an inch, wet my hands, flatten the mixture between my palms, and then spread it by gently patting around my face.

Dr. Hauschka recommends the "press and roll" technique to gently remove dead skin cells. Every time I use this cleanser, I feel as if the impurities fall out from the skin on their own, leaving my face feeling incredibly clean without drying it out. The merits of this cleanser is most obvious when my skin is having a bad day. Whenever I feel a breakout developing, I would leave the cleanser on a little longer. Although it doesn't completely prevent the bumps, my skin would look less red and irritated. The crushed almond scent took me a few uses to get used to, but now I am quite fond of it.

This cleanser is suitable for all skin conditions and a 50mL tube retails for £14.95 (although I have seen it available for €11 while in Munich). It is a bit on the pricy side, especially since it would only last me a little over 2 months (note that the recommend shelf life is only 3 months). I am definitely open to repurchasing this.




The beauty consultant gave me a copy of the 2013 Cosmetic Culture, which introduces all of the brand's products. It also comes with a useful classification of different skin conditions, which I reproduce below:
  • Normal Skin
    • Fresh, velvety, rosy, firm, fine-pored, non-sensitive, very slightly oily T-zone, blemish-free
  • Dehydrated, dry skin
    • Fine-pored, low oil content, dehydrated, premature wrinkling, feels tight, pale
  • Extremely dry, sensitive skin in need of protection
    • Fine-pored, thin-skinned, extremely low oil content, highly dehydrated, premature wrinkling, feels tight, redness, tendency to become inflamed and develop eczema
  • Sensitive skin
    • Redness, flaky, thin-skinned, possibly also: constantly reddened cheeks/nose area (visible blood vessels), itching, flakiness
  • Sensitive combination skin
    • Sensitive, redness, oily T-zone, large-pored, possibly blemished, dry cheeks
  • Combination skin
    • Blemished T-zone, large-pored, quickly becomes oily, dry cheeks
  • Blemished, oily skin
    • Large-pored, quickly becomes oily, blemished
  • Mature skin
    • Declining elasticity of the skin, wrinkling, increased dryness, possibly constantly reddened cheek/nose areas (visible blood vessels), thin-skinned, menopause-induced age spots

Have you tried anything from the Dr. Hauschka's line?

No comments:

Post a Comment