August 25, 2013

Review: Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon x 4

I first saw these Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons in the drugstore in early June. However, I waited a month for them to show up at a different drugstore (the one that puts a layer of tape around the cap to prevent people from testing products) before purchasing the 4 available colors. Today I want to share my thoughts on these lip crayons.





Swatched from bottom to top:
  • 01 Red Sunrise
  • 02 Fuschia Libre
  • 03 Orange Punch
  • 04 Peach on the Beach

The formula is light, non-sticky, and non-drying. It is possible to build somewhat up to the bullet colour with multiple swipes. Although getting even coverage is fairly easy, Peach on the Beach sometimes end up a bit patchy. The brand promises 10 hours of wear, but I would only get about 4 hours. These would leave very clear marks on a drinking cup, but the colour would still remain vivid on the lips.

Red Sunrise leans more towards a watermelon than a true red, but that makes the colour easy to wear for most skintones. Fuschia Libre is a raspberry while Peach on the Beach is a peachy-pink. Orange Punch may look a bit too bright in the bullet, but the orange tint overlays my natural lip color to produce a gorgeous coral color.

These lip crayons come in slightly translucent caps and the bullets are retractable twist-ups. Over all, despite building up my anticipation over a month's time, I like these as much as I thought I would.

These lip crayons contain SPF 15 and retail for £7.99 each.

How do you feel about these lip crayons?

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on my asos order filled with Bourjois goodies but these lip crayons weren't available on the website! They're about $20 at Shoppers Drug Mart so I probably won't be buying these but I do like the punchy-ness of Orange Punch !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so expansive! Hope you love your Bourjois order!

      Delete