August 29, 2013

Empties: August 2013

I finished a lot of travel-size items in August as I took some time off for vacation. What I lack in mL counts will be compensated by the greater quantities of finished products. Let's get started.



Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash (100mL)
I used up my bottle in little over a month, but I didn't notice any particular toning results. The lavender scent is pleasant and the brand's positive association with natural ingredients is definitely a plus. I didn't love it, so I wouldn't repurchase.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O (100mL)
I picked up my bottle in the beginning of June [Haul Here] and I, like so many others, have fallen in love with this micelle solution. Although it is not the best for removing eye make-up, it is absolutely fantastic for getting rid of products on the lips and the face. It is very gentle and leaves no residue on the skin. In addition, after continuous use, I noticed that I would wake up with more radiant skin. I would definitely repurchase.

Charles Worthington Sunshine Protector Shampoo + Conditioner (75mL x 2)
I used up the shampoo in 7-8 uses and the conditioner lasted a while longer. The packaging is not very user-friendly and the corners are sharper than they look. I wouldn't repurchase since this duo was not sufficiently hydrating for my dry hair, especially after prolonged sun exposure.

Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented (7mL)
I received this sample in my July Glossybox and it lasted me around 10 uses. When I apply generously (as I usually do with sunscreen), the product flakes off my skin when I try to rub it in. I wouldn't repurchase.

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream (50mL)
I only got 3 more uses out of it after I wrote my original review, so please read my thoughts Here.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Shampoo (250mL)
I bought the full size in March since I loved the travel size I brought with me to Paris at the end of last year (I also finished that 50mL this month while in Munich). However, my hair and this shampoo disagreed from day one. Ever since then, this shampoo and I went through some ups and downs. Luckily, my experience ended on a positive note. This shampoo cleanses thoroughly while leaving my hair feeling light and hydrated. I have also been using the conditioner from the same line, which I really like. I probably wouldn't repurchase since this product can be a little unpredictable for me.

Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner (225g) [Original Review Here]
I still love the scent, but I find this body conditioner to be way too heavy for the summer. I use about a golfball-size amount 2-3 times a week, concentrating on my elbows and knees. I am surprised that this tub lasted me almost 8 months, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

My Scheming Lotus Snowy Crystal Whitening Mask (6 Pack)
I received this pack of sheet mask from my Canadian visitor last month and I believe it was a GWP. I usually peel off the plastic sheet before positioning it on my face and then leaving it on for 20 minutes. I find the serum to be a bit too sticky and there is enough serum in each pack for two treatments, so it is a bit of a waste to only have one mask. The super thin clothes contours perfectly on my face. I notice an instant brightness after each use, but that glow fades by the morning. While I wouldn't purchase this particular mask pack, I am interested in trying out other mask varieties from the brand.

Nivea Creme (10mL)
This cream is too heavy for use on the body, so I only used it on my feet. It took me two weeks to get through this sample. I wouldn't buy the full size since its thick consistency prevents the cream from absorbing quickly.

Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original (56mL)
Once again, I used up another tub of my favorite facial moisturizer. I will definitely be repurchasing.

OPI Ridge Filler (15mL)
I used this as my base coat and it dries really fast. Not only does it make nail polish apply smoother, its off-white base also enhances the color payoff for neons and pastels to be closer to their bottle colors. My bottle lasted me around a year and I would repurchasing.

Simple Kind of Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes (25 wipes)
I have had this pack since mid-May and it felt like a chore to get through it. I don't really use it to remove make-up as it doesn't get the job done. I just use it to wipe off sunscreen when I get home. The size of the clothes is too small for my taste and the texture could be a lot finer. I would not repurchase.

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Body Wash (75mL)
This travel size body wash lasted over 3 weeks and I absolutely adore the scent. It also lathers very well and does not dehydrate my skin. I would repurchase.

Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub (50mL)
Even though the grains become finer as I massage them into my skin, I still find this scrub to be too harsh for me. I got about 4 uses out of it. I wouldn't repurchase.

Soap & Glory Righteous Butter Body Butter (50mL)
This body butter is in the same scent family as Clean on Me and it lasted me about a week. It is moisturizing without being sticky. I would repurchase.

Soap & Glory Scrub Em And Leave Em Body Buff (50mL)
This body scrub feels grittier than Flake Away, thus it is even more harsh on my skin. I would not repurchase.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter (50mL)
I like the scent better on me than in the tub, that's why it took me so long to finish the week's worth of product despite having had it since early February. There were many incidences of me intending to use it, but then putting it back after I caught a whiff of the scent. The consistency is quite thick, but it absorbs well. I wouldn't repurchase.

The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Eau de Toilette (50mL)
I went through this bottle in 8 months as I was very generous with spraying it around. Sometimes I even use it as home fragrance. I love the Japanese Cherry Blossom line from the Body Shop and I have tried almost everything with this scent. This is my second bottle of the eau de toilette and I would repurchase.

What did you finish this month? What are your hits and misses?

No comments:

Post a Comment