July 2, 2013

Review: NYX Round Lipstick (LSS599 Fire)

This NYX Round Lipstick in Fire is one of those products that just drew me in. When my friend and I saw it at this year's London IMATS, we both went for it without even swatching the tester.
This is a super creamy and pigmented red lipstick with a blue undertone (makes teeth look whiter!). One swipe is enough to achieve the color of the lipstick tube. For a full bold red lip to look its best, I rely on a precise application for a cleanly defined look. For a more subtle look, I just dab this lipstick in the center of my lips and blend out. Precise application is less of a necessity since the lip color won't pop as much.

Regardless of how I apply the lipstick, the vivid look does soften after a couple of hours. However, the color doesn't fully wear off until I remove it at the end of the day. The formula is nonsticky and the taste and scent are not distracting. This lipstick lasts at least 6 hours on me and does not dry out my lips.

At a couple of pounds, this lipstick is fantastic value for the price. I can't wait to try out some other colors from the NYX Round Lipstick range.


Have you tried any NYX round lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. im a new follower =) i love nyx lippies too! my picks: Sierra and Spellbound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swatches for Sierra and Spellbound look amazing! Thank you for reading!

      Delete